New sections: Takiab, Pranburi, Paknam, Dolphin Bay

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

New sections: Takiab, Pranburi, Paknam, Dolphin Bay

Post by Lev »

We are considering expanding the quiet Cha-am sub-forum to include these areas or adding a new sub-forum as there is currently very little information on them online and more and more people moving to them.

How many would welcome such additions to the board and how many currently living in these areas would contribute updates and info on a regular basis?

Thanks for your input.
LJ
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Don't see why not to be honest as the surrounding area, in the future is going to become more and more relevent to, and on, the forum as there will be more to do and more people will live in these areas as time goes on. Not all settle in HH, I suppose, and info on the surrounding area does make sense.

I must confess that I know little of such areas you have mentioned but would be interested to learn more and if these areas became covered in the forum somewhere it may encourage more people, that live in those areas to sign up and join the forum to contribute. It sounds like a logical step to take in the growing of the forum.

I suppose timing is the thing but as I don't live in HH or the surrounding area, yet anyhow, I am not well placed to give any opinion on the demographics of these areas regarding relevent issues or as to how many live close to, but not in, HH. You gentlemen are better placed to decide the dynamics on that front.

I have stayed in Pranburi twice but know little of the area really. I think, if I remember correctly, it's about 30-35km away from HH. The others I know little of but would be interested, as said, to learn more as Pranburi was pleasant/chilled out/reasonably priced when you left the resort(Eversons Resort wasn't cheap at all) etc, a bit more quiet.

Just a few thoughts but there are probably others that know more. If you stuck it in the Cha-am section and called it "Cha-am and surrounding areas", might work to start with. Wouldn't disrupt anything on the forum when you deem it the right time.

Perhaps. :cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As a wanabee Expat, I'm interested in any news/information of any area close to Hua Hin. I'll certainly read what is written - I just hope you can find some members to contribute.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'd welcome this. The Pranburi area interests me and I loved Dolphin Bay.

Why not dump Cha-am? The members that post from there will stay anyway or will use the local forum populated by three members and a dog (Spot).

It seems to me that Hua Hin has more in common with the newer areas and Takiabs development is astonishing.
Talk is cheap
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Sub-sections for each.. a good idea.
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Having been resident in Paknampran for a number of years now, I would welcome this development and also be prepared to contribute on a regular basis.

Bring it on :thumb:
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

It's worth a try!
I would only be able to contribute on an irreglular basis though
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

I'm sure that in many ways the Hua Hin; 'Satellite', 'neighbouring' and out lying areas may have more need of Local contact, knowledge and support than those living in Hua Hin.

Sabai Jai
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Well put SJ and a good idea .A friend of mine has constructed over 100 units already in this area sold mainly to farangs and the infrastructure is improving all the time .The residents need INFORMATION !

Crazy 88
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I think it's an excellent idea as well; maybe a Takiab, plus a Kao Tao, and Pranburi Area subsection.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Thanks for the positive responses, we shall set about implementing the additional sections.

If you have any more suggestions please post them here, we're always open to new ideas.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Seeing the thread today about 'Peppers', it appears some secret places still exist that are seldom or ever talked about. I've never seen anything about 'Peppers' on this board before.

Perhaps with this board and any sub-boards created, a section entitled "Expat Secret Places" would be a hit. Good reference to little known locations regardless if restaurants or anything else. Who knows, there may be a place with stunning damsels giving massages in a hammock under a banyan tree somewhere. :D

If I were an advertiser, I'd pay a premium to be listed as a 'secret place', people can't resist visiting things like that. :wink: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We have now added a new section for areas south of Hua Hin:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/so ... n-f36.html

Please populate it with posts!
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

prcscct wrote:Seeing the thread today about 'Peppers', it appears some secret places still exist that are seldom or ever talked about. I've never seen anything about 'Peppers' on this board before.

Perhaps with this board and any sub-boards created, a section entitled "Expat Secret Places" would be a hit. Good reference to little known locations regardless if restaurants or anything else. Who knows, there may be a place with stunning damsels giving massages in a hammock under a banyan tree somewhere. :D

If I were an advertiser, I'd pay a premium to be listed as a 'secret place', people can't resist visiting things like that. :wink: Pete :cheers:
Perhaps the section should be called "Expat ex-secret places!" :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Most golfers here knew about Peppers. I first thought it odd to have a full restaurant at a driving range especially one located so far from the center of town, but now I think it's a great idea.... hit a few balls... eat a great Thai lunch... hit a few balls... have a beer and a snack... etc.

And the best part is you don't have to sit in the restaurant proper (even thought there is a nice one). There are tables right behind the practice mats and you can order your food and drink there and just take a bite or a sip between whacks! :thumb: :cheers: