HHAD moderators meeting notes Jan 09

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

HHAD moderators meeting notes Jan 09

Post by Lev »

In order to keep everyone up to date on forum management and recent policy changes below is a brief summary of some of the points discussed at a recent moderators and staff meeting.

Current Affairs
There will be no changes to the current affairs section however we will be closely monitoring provocative and extremist posts. HHAD will allow discussion on virtually any topic but it is not the venue for extremism so we kindly ask highly opinionated members to seek more appropriate avenues for their views, we are in essence a forum based on Hua Hin. We will no longer allow multiple repetitive threads following a locking - once a subject has been locked we expect it to stay that way and do not want to see the action questioned or the thread regenerated.

Content Management
Repetitive subjects will be locked and moved to the original thread, this helps to keep the forum less cluttered and assists in navigation for newer members. We respectfully ask that thread titles reflect the content material, if they do not the moderators will follow the guidelines, as stated in the forum terms and conditions, and move the topic to a more appropriate section as reflected by its title. We do not expect any argument on our decisions and those unhappy with the data management policies of our own website do not have to post on the forum.

Accounts
Duplicate or multiple accounts are not permitted on this forum and will be deleted as we discover them.

AWOL
As part of our partnership with AWOL a new section will be created for them, it will include updates, content and any discussion on the publication. HHAD is not responsible for any content published in AWOL, we are simply working together to increase sales and offer more to our existing and prospective clients during these tough financial times.

Moderators
A new communal moderator account will be created for all moderators to use when locking threads. Some of the moderators have recently been on the receiving end of complaints and abuse as a result of their actions on the forum. This system will alleviate the personal aspect from moderating and thus allow the moderators to continue sharing their views and information on the board, they are only human too.

Ranks
As requested we are working on new ranks and possibly some HHAD avatars for general use.

PM abuse
We respectfully ask that any PM abuse is reported to the moderators or admin. If you have received an offensive PM or a blatant business plug via the private messaging system we kindly ask that you report it. PMs are an additional function of this forum that can easily be terminated if they are being abused.

We are constantly trying to improve the whole HHAD experience for all of our members so please let us know if you have any suggestions. While we cannot always guarantee they will be implemented we can that they will be considered. Our T&C's will be updated to reflect the recent minor changes, thanks again for your time.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

More than reasonable Lev, good stuff.

Like the idea about a general moderators account when it goes south and needs locking.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

All sounds fair and reasonable to me. Pity for us (good for HHAD) that other forums can't run things properly too.

Keep up the good work ladies :cheers:

SJ
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Current affair rules sound good...
www.35mmview.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What an excellent idea, publishing the notes of the meeting. We can now see the direction the forum is going, and have an easy reference regarding what may be considered sensitive.

Whilst I find it disgusting that moderators are receiving abuse for locking threads, the communal account seems to be a good solution.

Overall, I think this thread is a positive way forward.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Just noticed, think this is the place to say, congratulations BB/Pete/Guess(sorry if forgot anyone else) on joining a decent rock band.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I’ve just spotted the new moderator “Grim Reaper”, can I assume he is the new communal thread killer?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: HHAD moderators meeting notes Jan 09

Post by Khundon1975 »

Lev wrote:In order to keep everyone up to date on forum management and recent policy changes below is a brief summary of some of the points discussed at a recent moderators and staff meeting.

Current Affairs
There will be no changes to the current affairs section however we will be closely monitoring provocative and extremist posts. HHAD will allow discussion on virtually any topic but it is not the venue for extremism so we kindly ask highly opinionated members to seek more appropriate avenues for their views, we are in essence a forum based on Hua Hin. We will no longer allow multiple repetitive threads following a locking - once a subject has been locked we expect it to stay that way and do not want to see the action questioned or the thread regenerated.

Content Management
Repetitive subjects will be locked and moved to the original thread, this helps to keep the forum less cluttered and assists in navigation for newer members. We respectfully ask that thread titles reflect the content material, if they do not the moderators will follow the guidelines, as stated in the forum terms and conditions, and move the topic to a more appropriate section as reflected by its title. We do not expect any argument on our decisions and those unhappy with the data management policies of our own website do not have to post on the forum.

Accounts
Duplicate or multiple accounts are not permitted on this forum and will be deleted as we discover them.

AWOL
As part of our partnership with AWOL a new section will be created for them, it will include updates, content and any discussion on the publication. HHAD is not responsible for any content published in AWOL, we are simply working together to increase sales and offer more to our existing and prospective clients during these tough financial times.

Moderators
A new communal moderator account will be created for all moderators to use when locking threads. Some of the moderators have recently been on the receiving end of complaints and abuse as a result of their actions on the forum. This system will alleviate the personal aspect from moderating and thus allow the moderators to continue sharing their views and information on the board, they are only human too.

Ranks
As requested we are working on new ranks and possibly some HHAD avatars for general use.

PM abuse
We respectfully ask that any PM abuse is reported to the moderators or admin. If you have received an offensive PM or a blatant business plug via the private messaging system we kindly ask that you report it. PMs are an additional function of this forum that can easily be terminated if they are being abused.

We are constantly trying to improve the whole HHAD experience for all of our members so please let us know if you have any suggestions. While we cannot always guarantee they will be implemented we can that they will be considered. Our T&C's will be updated to reflect the recent minor changes, thanks again for your time.
:thumb:
Good to see a site that is open about how the site is run.

A communal moderator account is very good idea, after all they are doing a good job and should not be made to suffer abuse because of it.

I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Khundon1975 wrote: A communal moderator account is very good idea, after all they are doing a good job and should not be made to suffer abuse because of it.
Not sure about that, better to have a personality that you can judge rather than one hiding behind the door, ok we all have our own pseudonyms but you get to know that pseudonym warts and all. A communal moderator for locking threads ok, lets hope that's all they get up to!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

STEVE G wrote:I’ve just spotted the new moderator “Grim Reaper”, can I assume he is the new communal thread killer?
Correct, the moderators (who do a thankless job) have been on the end of unwarranted attacks from time to time on here and other websites simply for upholding the terms and conditions that every member agreed to when they joined this forum.

The communal account will alleviate the animosity towards moderators from those who disagree with their decisions to preserve forum integrity, keep it protected legally, and return civility to the proceedings.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I just saw him for the first time.... scary dude!
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

...and the ranks- where can I learn about the ranks??

PS:I also want to be a Rockstar!
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
buksida

Post by buksida »

elem wrote: PS:I also want to be a Rockstar!
You need another 2,727 posts before you get your orange guitar!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson