trial radio show

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

trial radio show

Post by kendo »

Buksida,
Why dont you try a trial run of a online radio show great for your sponsors to adviertise aswell.

So the qestion i would like to ask other forum members would they be intrested in listening to a few pilot shows.
Kendo.
:cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd certainly listen. I used to enjoy listening to Surf FM.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

I setup the online audio stream for Surf FM using one of our web servers and some free software called Shoutcast. Dr Dave and DJ Gee did the wizardry in the studio.

What we'd need to do one for HHAD is the following:

1) Dedicated, reliable, high speed internet connection.
2) Web hosting server with plenty of bandwidth.
3) Enough music for 24 hour broadcasting.
4) DJ to change play lists and make announcements.
5) Dedicated computer to run the software and broadcast the shows.
6) Mixing decks (if we wanted to do it properly).

I only have two or three of the above so would investigate further if there was enough demand. HHADFM would be internet only of course as there are no end of restrictions and hoops to jump through for farangs to work in radio in Thailand.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

Sounds great to me i have tride to get pataya 105 to work,but the sound and program wont come on line ,that Pete talked about. An English speeking radio show is needed. :cheers:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Good idea Kendo.

Buksi, if it was Internet then cool, available to all, good idea, hell, I'd listen to it.

Also, as Kendo said, could have advertising benefits, maybe an extra possible source of revenue for HHAD, if done properly.

Make it a full flavour HHAD and Hua Hin, good for all.

:thumb:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

HEllo there everyone!

A rey very nice Idea. I could be point 4 on the list Plus I could do 5. with plenty of Space for our music to put into. Not on my current Machine but on my New one which I would order and get it assembled @ PAntip Plaza!!!
I would move to Hua HIn for this if it's going ahead.

BUksida you are aboluteyl right DJ GEE and The reveered DR. Dave truly done wizardry on their Shows.

Your's The understudy!!!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

buksida wrote:I setup the online audio stream for Surf FM using one of our web servers and some free software called Shoutcast. Dr Dave and DJ Gee did the wizardry in the studio.

What we'd need to do one for HHAD is the following:

1) Dedicated, reliable, high speed internet connection.
2) Web hosting server with plenty of bandwidth.
3) Enough music for 24 hour broadcasting.
4) DJ to change play lists and make announcements.
5) Dedicated computer to run the software and broadcast the shows.
6) Mixing decks (if we wanted to do it properly).

I only have two or three of the above so would investigate further if there was enough demand. HHADFM would be internet only of course as there are no end of restrictions and hoops to jump through for farangs to work in radio in Thailand.
Buksida,
I Can post you over two nearly new Newmark decks and mixer for vinyl records just PM me and they will be in the post no problemo.
HHAD Surf online,a great concept and a fitting tribute to your dear friend Dave, i can also donate a fair amount of vinyl from 80's 90's soul like Weller to Rave music, if your up for it, Please just ask for some volunteers and more music donations, i will even give a finacial contribution in November, i think this is about community pulling together i will put more than my share in, just gauge the intrest and it will all be in the post if your up for it.
Kendo. :dance:
Last edited by kendo on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I used to listen to Surf FM online as well and would certainly be interested in any replacement.
I know nothing about the organization required for such a project, but good luck to anyone willing to try.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I think MP3s might be more managable than vinyl. Just a thought...
www.35mmview.com
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thanks for the support, considering it a little more seriously now!

Out of the list I can provide the server, software, music and probably cobble together a computer to run them on (doesn't need to be fancy). It'll all be MP3 running through Winamp via Shoutcast streaming to the internet.

The things missing are the decent reliable internet connection (not your 500 baht a month shared one), and a DJ to make some announcements and run a show or two. Failing that it will just be essentially back to back music with a request facility on the forum, the broadcasting computer can be managed remotely using PC Anywhere or similar software.

The better the connection the higher bitrate you can play and the more simultaneous listeners you can have - the Surf stream could handle about 30 people listening at the same time with 128k bitrate songs and that was up and down like two pigs on a honeymoon. Our bottle neck by broadcasting from Hua Hin is always going to be the internet connection - even leased lines are unreliable.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

why dont you go the whole hog and get a community radio license like the taxi drivers in BKK? Surely there's a large enough ex pat community here to justify a dedicated foreign language station on air?

A basic broadcast setup to cover a limited area like Hua Hin is doable at low cost.....we ran a pirate station at Uni that used bits from Maplins and Dixons.....

One thing I can help with is music..... I have over 18,000 mp3 and wma files.... from Beethoven to Black Sabbath and Mozart to Motorhead via all points inbetween. A couple of hundred CDs as well you can rip.

"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Buksida,
just think about the revenue that could be generated from radio advertizing, from the larger bars, Large Hotel chains, And car dealerships and housing developments, in this tuff market place they may welcome more exposure.
Kendo.

The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Greetings Y"all HHAD Jedi Masters

:agree: Agreeing with Master Kendo The understudy will Plus it's exposure over Internet not via Radio Waves but It's a wider Audiance HHAD Surf will have!!!

Your's The understudy!!!.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nice ideas but SM's suggestion is out of the question - its simply too restrictive for foreigners to work in broadcast media in Thailand which is why it has to be internet only, one of the reasons that most of the farang DJs at Surf FM had to stop was the fact that immigration started sniffing around.

kendo, love your enthusiasm but its hard enough selling ads for HHAD and other local print media, in addition to competing with the existing 12 or so radio stations for Hua Hin. So this project wouldn't be for profit, just for the music and bringing people together.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

HHAD is powerfull media and a fantastic website, why don't you try and offer a radio media package, you never know you may get some takers it could be good revenue, i offen listen to PCN online, when i am looking at HHAD, i would much rather listen to HHAD Surf Online. :D
Kendo.