Sandman's Last Stand

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Sandman's Last Stand

Post by usual suspect »

Sad news that you're on your way back SM.. :( but I will be over to see you at PP on Sun night..

.. :cheers:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Echo all of the above and I will come along on Sunday for a beer. :cheers: :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

These touching responses are one of the reasons its breaking my heart to go back - here I am part of a community of friends. There I am a stranger in a cold and windy place I dont really care for.

Ill be going back to Bolton and shacking up with my mum and dad, as hopefully it will be a short term thing just till I get things back on track. I have absolutely no intention of staying in the UK one day longer than I have to. But work and finances dictate I need to go back and rebuild - as Richard said, the economic collapse has truly been a wrecking ball for some of us that are still working, and some that are retired as well.

Theres silver linings....staying at ma and pa's may help me give up smoking for good, it will certainly mean I have more time and inclination to finish my novel and get it sent around the publishers, and it will allow me to return with a war chest to sink roots permanently, lessons learned.

And I will have plenty of time to carry on posting my usual nonsense..... :wink: Dont worry.... I wont be going totally off radar.

So, thanks to all of you for reminding me why I want to be here, and steeling my resolve to return firing on all pistons.

If you can make it on Sunday we can share a beer and some laughs, if not my love and warmest for 2013 and see you when I get back.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Hang in there Sandman. You can do it. Cannot make it on Sunday but greetings and wishing you all the best from Phuket.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

sandman67 wrote:
And I will have plenty of time to carry on posting my usual nonsense..... :wink: Dont worry.... I wont be going totally off radar.
I wish you well, you seem to positive about what you want, so there is no reasons why you cannot fulfil your dreams one day soon. Just treat this moment as a temporary "hiccup". I hope you will get back soon.
I enjoy your posts, so will look forward them :)
Anyway, we have had some awful weather in the UK..it is sodden! Hopefully you will have missed the worst of it...spring is on its way..all the snowdrops, daffs, etc are forcing their way through. Today here in Dorset, the sun is shining brightly, so things are looking up :)
Good luck! Keeping posting! :)
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

I too have enjoyed your "social and non social" commentary sm. Like you, the fiscal cliff and all the other financial events over which we poor working class slaves have had a negative impact on finances notwithtsanding the Thai version of being bleed dry aka death by a thousand cuts.
Good Luck in Pommy land.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

And with a bit of luck Leeds v Man City in t'FA cup which kicks off at 9 pm will be on in the bar to keep Richard distracted :laugh: :rasta:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Sandy mate sorry to read your on your way back to Blighty try and get back for October :wink: good luck anyway.
Kendo. :D :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Let's hope you get some enjoyment out of remote posting, as some of us have to resort to, I'm sure it won't be long until you're back in the LOS and absence apparently makes the heart grow fonder.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Just a bump reminder.... Tonight at 9pm PP Bar....look for the bloke dressed as usual in funerary black and buy him a beer. :wink: Bring a camera and remember to take the lens cap off (Richard) :wink:

See you later HHAD chums, and to all who cant make it, and especially the guys and gals here who have reminded me why I want to be here and not there, my best wishes and hopes for a sunny and great 2013.

Dont worry guys,,,,,as Uncle Arnie says

I'LL BE BACK

"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Post some pics for those of us who can't be there :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I'll be there with my shaky mobile camera. No pics of me please. I've a black eye after diving into the pool yesterday :oops:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

I want to see Richard's black eye. Diving into the pool, yeah right.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

well I did it on purpose really. Sandman will be in his Gothic black attire so after rummaging around I could only find a black shirt and no black eye patch so I did a 'Young Ones' thing and walked into my fist :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Reculer pour mieux sauter said the French general when explaining his tactical retreat.
Merely a speed bump Sandman, you'll be back soon. Keep posting, ok? :cheers:
Happiness can't buy money