Trying to save a kitten's life

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Trying to save a kitten's life

Post by hhfarang »

Does anyone want a young cat. It appears to be solid white and it is trapped on top of my wall outside with dogs all around waiting to kill it as soon as it comes down. I can't take it in as my dogs would kill it. It seems very gentle as I fed it some chicken from my hand and it mews at us when we mew at it.

I will check my PMs every ten or fifteen minutes and if anyone wants it I will try to get it down and meet you somewhere to give it to you... otherwise I'm afraid it will be dead by morning from the dogs as soon as it tries to come off the wall.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
pharvey

Re: Trying to save a kitten's life

Post by pharvey »

No offense, but if you can get the kitten off the wall to give to someone else, can't you get the kitten off the wall and put in a room/basket for one friggin' night rather than let the poor bugger die???? You might find a home then.......
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I locked up my dogs in the laundry long enough to get the cat down and have it safe in a bathroom now (with the dogs back outside wondering where it went), but I will not be able to keep it so please cat lovers someone let me know if you want it. I'll keep it safe overnight but will have to take it somewhere else tomorrow.

It is probably 2 to 4 months old but looks healthy and is solid white with a gray tail. It is the most affectionate animal I've ever seen. As soon as I lifted it off the wall it started nuzzling my hands and my chest with it's nose and meowing. We set it on the ground and it just kept rubbing against my feet and ankles as well as my wife's. When we walked around the yard it followed us like a puppy. It's very playful and gentle as well as when it played with us and kneaded us with it's front paws or even when I lifted the terrified animal off the fence, it never exposed its claws.

It would make a wonderful pet for someone who likes cats. I will go to bed soon but will check my PM's first thing in the morning hoping to find a good home for this very sweet animal.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

No offense, but if you can get the kitten off the wall to give to someone else, can't you get the kitten off the wall and put in a room/basket for one friggin' night rather than let the poor bugger die???? You might find a home then.......
Pharvey, we posted at the same time but I got a message that my post would have to be approved by a moderator before it was released.

I have done just that because I wanted to protect it before I go to bed.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi hhfarang,

I'm sure we can find a home for it amongst our menagerie.
It'll have a few friends to play with too.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Seems to me that if the cat is in good condition and obviously used to being handled, it must belong to somebody in the immediate area.

I guess there are types around that would just dump a cat that they no longer wanted, but it may be worth asking around, as some little kid could well be missing it. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

An observation about white cats from my past. If it has different colored eyes, put it down somewhere, go behind it where it can't see you and clap your hands and see if you get a reaction. Many times pure white cats with that eye color difference are deaf per a Vet I spoke to at the time. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

hhfarang wrote:
Pharvey, we posted at the same time but I got a message that my post would have to be approved by a moderator before it was released.

I have done just that because I wanted to protect it before I go to bed.
Fair shout HHF - as I said, certainly no offense intended. :cheers: :cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Seems to me that if the cat is in good condition and obviously used to being handled, it must belong to somebody in the immediate area.

I guess there are types around that would just dump a cat that they no longer wanted, but it may be worth asking around, as some little kid could well be missing it.
Nereus,

That thought occurred to me to as it follows us around and runs back and forth from me to the missus. I called everyone I know in the neighborhood and the one who has cats said it wasn't theirs and nobody recognized the description as a neighbor's cat. With no ID on it and many homes around here it will be impossible, I'm afraid to find out if it is just lost without spending many days, and we are leaving town on Thursday.
Hi hhfarang,

An observation about white cats from my past. If it has different colored eyes, put it down somewhere, go behind it where it can't see you and clap your hands and see if you get a reaction. Many times pure white cats with that eye color difference are deaf per a Vet

Pete,

The eyes are the same color and it's definitely not deaf. If you talk to it, it talks back!
I'm sure we can find a home for it amongst our menagerie.
It'll have a few friends to play with too.
Barry,

Do I take that to mean you'll take it. If so that is a relief. It is such a sweet animal. It slept on a towel in our bathroom all night and didn't even make a mess (if you know what I mean. When we got up we locked the dogs up and took it out for a walk in the yard and it stayed with us, rubbing our ankles whenever we stopped.

How do I get it to you?

hh
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

hhfarang wrote:

Barry,

Do I take that to mean you'll take it. If so that is a relief. It is such a sweet animal. It slept on a towel in our bathroom all night and didn't even make a mess (if you know what I mean. When we got up we locked the dogs up and took it out for a walk in the yard and it stayed with us, rubbing our ankles whenever we stopped.

How do I get it to you?

hh
Yes, we'll take the poor wee mite.
Any chance you can bring it to our place?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Yes, we'll take the poor wee mite.
Any chance you can bring it to our place?
Barry, I'll bring it there this afternoon. Would around 3 p.m. be convenient? I trust there is a map on your website to guide me there. I know Pak Nam Pran from a few visits but I've never been to your marina before.

Thanks for giving it a good home!

Just in time too, as the missus is becoming attached and there is no way we could keep our dogs off it forever. They hate cats. Also, I have asthma due to allergies and when I was tested years ago, cats rated high on the list of things I'm allergic to.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Done and dusted! Happy ending as I just spoke to Barry and the kitty will have a great country home with lots of playmates. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

HHF/Barry - Spot on to you both!! :cheers: :cheers: Really good to hear the little critter will be taken care of!!

Happy to buy you both a pint or 12, but as HHF doesn't travel in the evening and finds parking difficult.......... :cry: I guess we'll have to give it a miss.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

good to read a happy ending for once
pinky

Kittens - again!!

Post by pinky »

Hi, know there has just been a thread on about a rescue kitten..

BUT Four have been dumped on the lane near to my house.. they are all beautiful.. a tabby, a white and tabby and 2 blues.. have just fed them and they are obviously used to being around people, didnt show any aggression.. probably about 4 or 5 weeks old.. look quite healthy..
Know this is an ongoing, big problem in Thailand.. but just thought i would see if anyone would like to give them a home.. if not i will continue to feed them.. Thanks..