Free Kittens

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
Stu-Pot

Free Kittens

Post by Stu-Pot »

Approx 10 days ago, a cat has decided that my front porch is the safest area for litter of 5 kittens.

They are approx 4-5 weeks old, and rellly quite cute. All seems to be in full health

I did take them back to the house to which I believe the mother cat belongs to, but 10 minutes later, all were back at my place.

I am not really a cat person, so am offering them to anyone who wishes to take them off my hands, or indeed can give any advice on someone you may want them.

I have been feeding the mother milk, but soon enough the kittens will need some more solid food.

PM me if you are interestedor can help

SP
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

ST: Give the cat water and some cat food rather than milk. Her little kittens will then grow up much stronger and, hopefully, more attractive to re-home. Giving a cat milk doesn't produce milk for the kitties - animals generally have an intolerance to milk (although they'll happily drink it).

If she's fed well and has plenty of water, she'll produce good quality milk for the off-spring.

Sorry I can't offer to take one or two off your hands, but my mutt just loathes cats with a vengeance. :(

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Unfortunately I had this problem in 1997 and no one wanted the kittens or the mother. We had no choice after awhile but to take them to a Wat, several KM's away. Sure enough about 8 days later, the mother shows up back at the house but not the kittens. She was in ragged shape, probably from fighting her way through other cat's territories, but goes to prove they have homing instincts. We ended up keeping her.

If this happens to you stu-pot, be sure to take her to the vet and have her neutered right away to prevent more litters. You may end up with a good mouser/friend. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source