Car Rental

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
captsensible
Banned
Banned

Post by captsensible »

Loads about carrental here.

Glad someone else has seen that mut, ugly bloody thing, my missis would'nt even touch it as she thought it would have ago at her.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Just to buck the (edited by moderator) fan club trend (nothing against them, not having used them) and provide info on another option I have used Budget a couple of times and have just booked again. If you just want a cheap 4 wheel option, Budget do a Toyota Tiger 4WD pick up with extra cab (two door version) for 1070 Baht per day for a rental over 6 days. You can get 5 people in at a push, two in front and 3 on the bench seat in the extra cab. Of course, there is also room for the in-laws in the pick-up section! :wink:

Useful to have 4WD if you want to take a trip to Pala-U waterfall or similar locations in the nearby national parks.

I have found the service to be very professional, with proper damage inspection before rental and the quality of motor to be very good. If things change on this trip I will let everyone know! Budget is located near the Grand Hotel, just off Petchkasem road. You can't miss the sign.
captsensible
Banned
Banned

Post by captsensible »

:o

Hi

How long ago did you rent from them??? I went to check on the price of a pick up from Budget, after about 20 mins they realised and understood that I wanted a Pick Up and not a Suzuki Carribean they quoted me the grand price od 1470 baht for 1 day for a 2 door Pick Up.

Perhaps you are Thai and you had a discounted price, I was quoted the farang price, and I had to wait 3 days if I decided I wanted it, which I did not.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Budget are still the ones for me as previously posted,

Get a budget corperate card in the UK or apply here and you get good discounts.

I rented again two weeks ago and due to the automatic upgrade instead of a little Toyota i got a Honda CRV for the same price.

Also if you have an Emirates card you also get Airmiles, as they say every little helps.

The girls in the office are great and deliver to my door, by the way has anyone tried the new Honda Jazz, small engine but about 7 auto speeds and goes like hell.

Mike.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

captsensible wrote:
How long ago did you rent from them??? ......

Perhaps you are Thai and you had a discounted price...
Hi Captain,

I rented the car that I described in March 2005 (just got back to the UK), having only booked it the week before - and I am very definitely a farang! There is no difference in price for Thai or Farang as far as I am aware - I paid the price that they advertised on their web site, which is obviously available for all to see. Never had any problem with Budget on price, availability, service or quality and as Mike says, they are very nice people. Surprised you had trouble explaining yourself as in my experience the staff speak excellent English. (edited by moderator) do a 4 door pick up for the price you quoted but as I just wanted the cheapest decent car I could find I took the 2 door at budget for 1070 bt a day.