Tailoring repairs

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
albaker

Tailoring repairs

Post by albaker »

Is the lady who has her sewing machine on the pavement / sidewalk in front of her house on Dechanuchit Road nearly opposite the All Nations Guest house still there ?
Need some small , trouser alterations , and have used this lady many times in the past and she has done a first rate job at v.good rate .
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Tailoring repairs

Post by handdrummer »

albaker wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:53 pm Is the lady who has her sewing machine on the pavement / sidewalk in front of her house on Dechanuchit Road nearly opposite the All Nations Guest house still there ?
Need some small , trouser alterations , and have used this lady many times in the past and she has done a first rate job at v.good rate .
She's been gone about a year. She was getting old and her sight was failing. I don't know what happened to her.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There used to be a lady in the old Shopping Mall. Not sure if she is still there, Annie the robber big clothes shop should know.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If that doesn't work, and Soi 94 isn't too far, I can recommend somebody who is very good, and charges Thai prices - just let me know. We use her regularly.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
albaker

Post by albaker »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 pm If that doesn't work, and Soi 94 isn't too far, I can recommend somebody who is very good, and charges Thai prices - just let me know. We use her regularly.
This may be a much better option as we will be staying at G Hua Hin Resort & Mall for 5 nights which I believe is in Soi 94 .
Only need chinos/trousers shortened as bought 3 pairs from M&S outlet and they no longer make them for shorta**es like me .
If alterations done here in UK before we leave in 10 days time they will cost me £8.50 per pair , so sure will not be anyway near this in Hua Hin or in Cha Am where we will be going afterwards where we sometimes have tailoring done :cheers: .
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mrs BB says it would usually cost 40 Baht a pair. Here's a map and picture of where to go:
map.png
Nang.jpg
Nang.jpg (119.1 KiB) Viewed 882 times

Points 41; Position 18
nic1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nic1 »

My wife does this. Soi 102. 0852992556 Pla
albaker

Post by albaker »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:23 am Mrs BB says it would usually cost 40 Baht a pair. Here's a map and picture of where to go:

map.png

Nang.jpg
Thanks will take a stroll up there day after we arrive .
Not sure if you can answer this , but if I took trousers there on a Friday would they be ready in 2/3 days ?
Price your wife quoted is amazing even if I have to pay double this because of my limited Thai !
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, we normally get 24 hours service - my son must be her best customer, and uses her on average once a week. Make sure you let her know the day you need them.

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

My wife's been using Jae Nang for years. Every time she buys any clothing it's off to Jae Nang to have something adjusted. :)
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I had four items altered ( very simple stuff ) and was offered 24 hr service but came back a day later 'cause of the rain and it cost me all of 100 Bt. Same place that BB has indicated.

That same effort at home would have cost me ??? what ??? 20 - 25 quid ???

Indeed, I bought the shirts knowing that I would have them altered here as I knew it would be at small price.
albaker

Post by albaker »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:01 pm Yes, we normally get 24 hours service - my son must be her best customer, and uses her on average once a week. Make sure you let her know the day you need them.
If I brought some material would they copy my trousers and make 2 pairs , high back and elasticated waist as I AM wheelchair user , in the 5 nights we are in Hua Hin ? Not too worried as if price ok would come and pick them up as we will be staying in Cha Am for 5 weeks :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

She did make a dress for Mrs BB once, but manufacture is not her normal business.

Points 41; Position 18
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

albaker wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:55 pm If I brought some material would they copy my trousers and make 2 pairs , high back and elasticated waist as I AM wheelchair user , in the 5 nights we are in Hua Hin ? Not too worried as if price ok would come and pick them up as we will be staying in Cha Am for 5 weeks :cheers:
if this lady can't do it you will definitely find a tailor in town (or in Cha Am) who will easily copy trousers for you. I have never had a problem having clothes copied in Thailand, especially when you can leave the item to be copied behind for a day or 2 to give them time to recreate the pattern on to paper. I can't recommend any tailor, sorry. But just wanted to let you know (in case you didn't already know) that copying an item you already have is pretty standard work for any of the tailor shops.

And not sure what you mean by bringing material... if you just mean buy it in Hua Hin and bring it to this lady, then great. But don't bring material from the UK or Europe. Good material costs a small fortune here (Europe) and there is so much more choice for a fraction of the price in Thailand. Hope I am not stating the obvious :oops:

Enjoy your stay!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

A repair shop, in center HH: facing Subhamitra Hotel, (Amnuaysin Rd.) on your left side.