Electrical installation advice.

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Electrical installation advice.

Post by Khundon1975 »

Nereus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 am The problem in this country is not always just the equipment being used. The installers are obliged to use what is available in the market, and MOST of it is of good international quality. The days of bare knife main switches and screw in ceramic fuses are long gone.

Look at the photo of the consumer board that has been posted. It is equipped with all the required components, but they still find it necessary to use plastic tape that is most probably wrapped around a couple of wires twisted together.

There is what appears to be an earthing link terminal strip that has a couple of odd wires in it, but appears not to have any grounding conductor. All of the MCB's are the same 32 amp rating, where at least the lighting circuits should be much less. Cannot see it, but from my experience here they insist on mixing both power and lighting onto the one MCB circuit where both power and lighting circuits use different sized conductors, and should be on separate circuits.

Commercial and industrial installations appear to comply with better rules and practice, but domestic installations in a lot of cases are done by Somchai that is working between rice crops to help out at home. :cuss:
So true Nereus
we were lucky as my FIL got the electrics done in our place and it looks completely different to that one I posted.
Still, Thais seem happy with this type of work, until someone gets a shock. T.I.T. 😟
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.