Microwave repairs

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Microwave repairs

Post by Dannie Boy »

Does anybody know where you can get a microwave repaired in Hua Hin? Although it’s about 6-7 years old, we have a top of the range microwave/combination oven that at the time cost over 20,000 Baht so whilst you can buy cheaper now, if it’s possible to get it repaired, that would be my preference. Not sure what the problem is but if you try to microwave and set the timer to any time, it operates for 2-3 seconds and then the timer resets to zero.
8C2F7B8D-971F-4F26-8BC5-754A75650867.jpeg
8C2F7B8D-971F-4F26-8BC5-754A75650867.jpeg (79.62 KiB) Viewed 919 times
Big Boy

Re: Microwave repairs

Post by Big Boy »

Nice legs DB :laugh:

I could suggest several places that claim to undertake such repairs, but I'm not sure I would trust a 'top of the range' microwave to them (we buy cheap and replace when it goes bang :oops: ).

I'd suggest you take it back to where you bought it, or one of the big suppliers in town (such as Power Buy). It may cost a little more, and take a little longer, but they would get it back to a proper Panasonic repair agent. There's a thread on here a couple of years ago where we had to have our washing machine taken back to the main agent for repair. What we got back was like a new washing machine.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:43 am Nice legs DB :laugh:

I could suggest several places that claim to undertake such repairs, but I'm not sure I would trust a 'top of the range' microwave to them (we buy cheap and replace when it goes bang :oops: ).

I'd suggest you take it back to where you bought it, or one of the big suppliers in town (such as Power Buy). It may cost a little more, and take a little longer, but they would get it back to a proper Panasonic repair agent. There's a thread on here a couple of years ago where we had to have our washing machine taken back to the main agent for repair. What we got back was like a new washing machine.
Thanks for the advice BB and the compliment (good job I was clothed)!!

Actually the microwave was bought in Abu Dhabi just before I retired to Thailand, but the advice to try somebody like Power Buy is worth a try - if they don’t offer much help then it may have to be a new but lower spec model.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Nereus wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:16 am They do have a "service" centre:

https://www.panasonic.com/th/support/se ... enter.html
Thanks Nereus, it came up with 2 locations in HH so we’ll give them a call later - not sure if they’ll be open on a Sunday but will try maybe after 10? :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:25 am
Nereus wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:16 am They do have a "service" centre:

https://www.panasonic.com/th/support/se ... enter.html
Thanks Nereus, it came up with 2 locations in HH so we’ll give them a call later - not sure if they’ll be open on a Sunday but will try maybe after 10? :cheers:
An update - the service center we used took about 4 days to decide that the microwave was not repairable, claiming he couldn’t get any spares for this model so we ended up buying a new one - we bought a Samsung MG28J5255 from Power Buy at 4990 Baht
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

Our Electrolux microwave is not working. The turntable still rotates and the light is on, but nothing is heating.

Is there a reliable repair shop in Hua Hin, or am I better writing it off and buying new?

I noticed Dannie Boy ended up buying new a couple of years back, how has that model lasted?

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Don East Stand wrote:Our Electrolux microwave is not working. The turntable still rotates and the light is on, but nothing is heating.

Is there a reliable repair shop in Hua Hin, or am I better writing it off and buying new?

I noticed Dannie Boy ended up buying new a couple of years back, how has that model lasted?

Not had a problem with it, so in terms of reliability, I’d recommend it - although it is a combination microwave, we tend to use microwave only!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

We are the same .... we have the combination microwave, but I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times we have utilised the grill aspect.

Thanks for the response Dannie Boy

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Getting back to the question of a repair person for small appliances. Are there any recommendations? Our toaster oven's timer has stopped working. The oven works but can't set the timer.