One day car hire

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

One day car hire

Post by Vital Spark »

We need to rent a car for this Wednesday afternoon in Hua Hin for one day . Looking at the car rental places in Hua Hin they seem to want a minimum of 3 days.

Anyone know of a one-day rental place?

Thanks.
VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: One day car hire

Post by Thistle »

Soi 80 car rental, on right side about 200 mtrs down from the railway end will rent for 1 day.If memory serves me well,it was 900 baht fully insured for a toyota vios.Will try and obtain full name and number for you.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Thank you Thistle.

We've found them on line and sent an email to them. Got a blank automated reply.

Sending them another email. We're happy to pay 1,000 baht, and we won't be doing any more than 100 kms (just visiting friends in the area).

VS
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Never tried them, but these guys advertise a lot. Advertise 700/day for Vios. I've just been on to the page and there was somebody asking to help me in seconds.

http://huahin-rent.com/
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry, that was for a Mazda2 - 800 for a vios.

Points 41; Position 18
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Thanks for that BB. Just contacted them, and, as you say, a lovely quick reply. Unfortunately, they do three days minimum. :(

VS
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Really? Their advert says per day :?
Car.png
Car.png (229.11 KiB) Viewed 885 times
A bit misleading.

Points 41; Position 18
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Yep. I agree, but that's the average price per day if you rent for more than 3 days. Mr.VS is still on the case and contacting other rental places. If I were a car rental place, I'd rather have a car out for the day for 1,000 baht than having it sit in the car park. I'll never work out the 'logic' of the way businesses work in Thailand.

We'd normally drive down and have the freedom of our own wheels, but since we've recently had some minor repairs done on the lovely Cefiro we don't trust it 100% for a longish trip. Why is it that Thai mechanics don't do what you ask them to do, and then fiddle around with other stuff that's perfectly OK? :cuss: I'd start another thread on the frustrations of car repairs in Thailand, but don't want to leave in too much of a negative mood...

VS :|
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

if you offered to pay the 700 or whatever for the day rate and state you'll add an extra amount to cover their COST price for cleaning the car (inside and out) they might go for that. We did this a few years back when we needed to drive to Phuket for the day when we were staying in from Khao Lak. I *think* we paid an extra 200 or 300 baht. You might need to "convince" them that it will only need a quick wipe down and not a full valet.

I think it's what they lose on the cleaning fee that stops them doing single day rentals.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi VS

If you are still looking, please advise ASAP and I'll have a word with one of my mates who will almost certainly let you hire his pickup considering that he rarely uses it. It's a Triton and in mint condition.

I'll check back a few times during the day to see if you've replied, and if need be, I'll contact my mate straight away.

I take it you and/or Mr. VS has a license?
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Hi Takiap,

Thank you so much for the very kind offer. Mr.VS has finally managed to find one via Rentalcars.com. We'll pick it up from their office near Villa Supermarket. It cost a smidgen over 1,000 baht.

Thanks, once again, for offering to help.

VS :cheers:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

No problem VS. :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact