Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin ?

Post by PET »

Hahuahin wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:39 pm
FadingToGrey wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:16 pm Bought some Camel shoes for walking...after two short holidays the sole on one is completely coming apart from the shoe...looking to fix it locally...any leads to local repair much appreciated.
Do you ever found any shoe repair shop in Hua Hin? I found Dr. shoes today following the directions in previous posts here but I don't know if he do a good job and are somewhat excited to see the result.

hahuahin :)
SEE post from CRAP above dated 23 Dec - the shop by the level crosssing is open!!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin ?

Post by migrant »

PET wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:39 pm
SEE post from CRAP
Ha, it's Crab (I had to look, didn't remember a member named Crap!) :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by bsdk1960 »

PET wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 am 404 - He is very good and has repaired with stitching shoes and new rubber soles etc. He does golf bags too, and zips for clothes.
The business looks rather run down but is actually full of outstanding jobs. I honestly believe he has a small 'gold mine' going, and all family members. Back to your purse I think take it to him and show the problem. I do not think he speaks much English, although very many Farangs' go to him. If you take somebody who speaks Thai so much the better. Good luck
and he ruined my sandals,just cutting half of the velro that you use to tighten over the foot,so now i have to put it into the hole every time i put them on.
The best part was that he denied it and then charge me 300 baht, so no more money from me,he has doing some good work for us before,but this was a pair of sandals to 5000 baht,old but still.
Remember when we lived in Smornpong, i passed hes shop daily and thinking ,what a pr..k

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I spotted a shoe (and bag) repair booth whilst out and about this morning. It's a little hut through a gate at the traffic light junction of Soi 56 and the Klong Road.

I took a couple of photos with my new phone, but the sun was very bright, and being new, I had my finger over the lens :oops:

I've no idea if he's any good, but if anybody tries him, please report back.
20180722_104848.jpg
20180722_104848.jpg (148.43 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
20180722_104856.jpg
20180722_104856.jpg (137.27 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

My wife had him do a small shoe repair, involving stitching, two days ago. Seems OK. 30 baht.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Shoe repairs

Post by thecolonel »

Need a shoe repair shop in the Soi 94/Baan Khun Por area

Any tips?

I know of one near Soi 70 but would like another closer

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

There is one near the railway crossing at Soi 88. Just around the corner from the 2 Gents Hairdressers. On the left as you head down the back road towards Market Village.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

robcar wrote:There is one near the railway crossing at Soi 88. Just around the corner from the 2 Gents Hairdressers. On the left as you head down the back road towards Market Village.
There is indeed.

Amazing how these places are buried deep in our brains, I'd seen that place before months ago but of course completely forgotten it when I needed to recall it.

Thanks for reminding me

It's about 150m down that back road to access the rear of MV, heading South from Soi 88 rail crossing

It's called Dr Shoes.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:43 pm
robcar wrote:There is one near the railway crossing at Soi 88. Just around the corner from the 2 Gents Hairdressers. On the left as you head down the back road towards Market Village.
There is indeed.

Amazing how these places are buried deep in our brains, I'd seen that place before months ago but of course completely forgotten it when I needed to recall it.

Thanks for reminding me

It's about 150m down that back road to access the rear of MV, heading South from Soi 88 rail crossing

It's called Dr Shoes.

Tell us what the Dr’s like once he’s resuscitated your shoes!!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:43 pm
There is indeed.

Thanks for reminding me

It's called Dr Shoes.

Tell us what the Dr’s like once he’s resuscitated your shoes!!
The Doctor is a lady(two of them actually) and she has certainly prolonged the life of my shoes!

And unlike the Bangkok Hospital the costs of the operation was most reasonable.

I will be going back with my other shoes

mrco

Shoemaker in Hua Hin

Post by mrco »

I have some shoes that needs repair. Does anybody of you know of some good shoemaker in Hua Hin?

//mrco
PeteC

Re: Shoemaker in Hua Hin

Post by PeteC »

mrco wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:38 pm I have some shoes that needs repair. Does anybody of you know of some good shoemaker in Hua Hin?
//mrco
The information you need should be in this thread. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think a few of the above may have moved/closed up. If they aren't there, I've noticed a guy has set up outside his house opposite Mr Don (computer repairs).

Blue gate, or next along. There is a booth outside now.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5842843 ... 384!8i8192

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:38 am I think a few of the above may have moved/closed up. If they aren't there, I've noticed a guy has set up outside his house opposite Mr Don (computer repairs).

Blue gate, or next along. There is a booth outside now.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5842843 ... 384!8i8192
In the same area, there is a little hut on the land plot at the north-east corner of the dinosaur traffic light intersection (Soi 56 and Khlong Road). He's good. (I think he's still there - the hut is quite missable if you're not looking for it.)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:37 pm there is a little hut on the land plot at the north-east corner of the dinosaur traffic light intersection (Soi 56 and Khlong Road).
Yes, we've used him before and were happy with him.

Points 41; Position 18