plastic mailing bags, where to buy?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Mr-Zedd

plastic mailing bags, where to buy?

Post by Mr-Zedd »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a large number of plastic mailing bags (500-1000) than can be used to ship items overseas.

The ideal size is 10.5" x 13.5" (265mm x 340 mm) but I will take anything near that size if I can find it.

I bought a yellow (thinner) plastic mailing bag that I saw in a large post office in Bangkok (5 baht each), (see attached). I bought everything they had (48 pieces).

Sadly, they do not stock any mailing bags here in the Hua Hin Post Office. I also went to the post kiosk on the top floor of Market Village but they only have kraft paper envelopes, not plastic. I have also gone to several stationary stores but they didn't have them. They need to be opaque inside, not clear. If possible with a 30-50mm flap that has a sticker piece with adhesive glue to close and seal the envelope.

We got a quote from a company in BKK that will make this same size bag (and thicker quality, see attachment), but the minimum order is 10,000 bags (2.6 baht each). That is way too many. 500 to start would be good, or 1000 is also ok.

So my questions is does anyone know of any shop that either sells them or could order them in, maybe they get them shipped in from BKK, or, does anyone know of a shop that sells generic (white colour - opaque inside) plastic mailing envelopes in boxes of 200? 500? etc?

Many thanks!

Darren
Attachments
plastic-mailing-bag-10x13.jpg
plastic-mailing-bag-10x13.jpg (38.9 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
plastic-mailing-bag-Thai-post.jpg
plastic-mailing-bag-Thai-post.jpg (42.73 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Re: plastic mailing bags, where to buy?

Post by U.Kvarme »

Have you asked the post kiosk. AS I have seen there are two shops, one is on the 3rd floor at MV and another one is in Makro, not far from the exit.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Mr-Zedd

Post by Mr-Zedd »

U.Kvarme
- when I go by Makro in the next day or two I will look/ask there, thanks.

Homer
- Yes, if I cant find them anywhere in Thailand, then I will have to buy them online, thanks for the link
2ndClass
Novice
Novice

Post by 2ndClass »

normadams
Novice
Novice

Post by normadams »

Hi Darren
Did you get anywhere regarding mailing bags?
I am also interested in sourcing a supplier. Maybe we good combine purchase to make minimum order easy.
Thanks
kathy
Novice
Novice

Post by kathy »

Darren,

If you still don't get it, maybe i can help. I have ordered for my company and can mix with your order.