Dyeing Curtains

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
tazj66
Amateur
Amateur

Dyeing Curtains

Post by tazj66 »

Got some good quality curtains in house I have moved into but they are the wrong colour (pink is just not me).
Anybody know anywhere around HH where I could get them dyed or where I can get fabric dye to have a bash myself. Think a pro would be best though. Appreciate any leads. Thanks.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Re: Dyeing Curtains

Post by Siani »

tazj66 wrote:Got some good quality curtains in house I have moved into but they are the wrong colour (pink is just not me).
Anybody know anywhere around HH where I could get them dyed or where I can get fabric dye to have a bash myself. Think a pro would be best though. Appreciate any leads. Thanks.
Doesn't sound successful to me :? If they are lined, you would have to take the lining out first before dyeing. It's very difficult to get them even in colour all over. If they have faded anywhere on the material it will always be there.
Have you tried painting the walls? Maybe put something like a French grey wall with the pink, it could look good. If you want more of a bolder look a darker colour, depends on your style.
images60R7OTH1.jpg
images60R7OTH1.jpg (6.7 KiB) Viewed 521 times
Thriftydrifter
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Dyeing Curtains

Post by Thriftydrifter »

Do you know what the fabric is? Synthetics don't take dye well. Even if the fabric is, say, cotton, they may be sewn with polyester thread - so you'd be left with pink stitches on your dyed curtains.