Looking for Water Holding Tank Cleaning Service

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
PeteC

Re: Looking for Water Holding Tank Cleaning Service

Post by PeteC »

What you really need now, and I'm sure many others given the Hua Hin water supply, is some kind of filter before the tank. No matter how cheap at least you have something to take the major sediment out before it goes into storage. Open and clean once a month and it should be a world of difference when you open and look in the tank a year from now. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Lost wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:14 pm
Our quote was based on a 28,000 litre tank.They said afterwards it was at least double that size
Feck me... no wonder other people run out of water. It's all under your house! :D

Here's a 50,000 litre tank. You have that, plus some :shock:

:cheers:
Yes, that looks about right.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:56 pm
Lost wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:14 pm
Our quote was based on a 28,000 litre tank.They said afterwards it was at least double that size
Feck me... no wonder other people run out of water. It's all under your house! :D

Here's a 50,000 litre tank. You have that, plus some :shock:

Yes, that looks about right.
Bejeezers! Any water shortages people - get yourself to BB's! :D

I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:44 pm Yes, but this was a Thai lady shining her torch into a murky hole in the ground. Obviously too murky to see to the end of the tank.
I'm assuming its a square tank? Has a manhole cover big enough for a bod to get through? A long stick or piece of bamboo poked in until it stops. Doesn't have to be accurate to give you a better idea of the size.

What you really need now, and I'm sure many others given the Hua Hin water supply, is some kind of filter before the tank.
The problem with that is the mains pressure is usualy too low to push through any useful filter. A settling tank is a much better option provided the house pump suction is kept well off the bottom of the tank.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!