gold engraving

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
simmo116

gold engraving

Post by simmo116 »

hi guys. i have some old thai gold (broken late fathers and mine amulet chain) that i intend to have melted down to make some wedding rings. i know its soft so have some old 18c chain to strengthen it but i know that i will have some left over. i plan to have 2 small tablets made for chains for my 2 boys. but i would like them to have some nice thai enscription/prayer and image stamped or engraved. i will be in h/h for around 10 days so can anyone advise of somewhere reputable to have this done. thanx in advance.

rich.
yabz

Re: gold engraving

Post by yabz »

You would probably be better off going to Yaowarat (Chinatown) in Bangkok.
simmo116

Post by simmo116 »

thanx but not much time in bkk. 3 days of temples palaces and markets then down to hh.
is there not any jewelry places in hh?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

simmo116 wrote:thanx but not much time in bkk. 3 days of temples palaces and markets then down to hh.
is there not any jewelry places in hh?
There are quite a few gold shops in HH. They are all run by Chinese. You are still best off by having it done in Chinatown in Bangkok where they will do while u wait. The gold shops I know in HH will most likely not do melting or engraving on the premises but send it to Bangkok. Delivery time normally one week or more. :(
A friend is only one click away
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

simmo, would you not be as well just selling the old chain and buying new? You'd lose very little in the transaction, and would have new jewelry - there's no guarantee that you'd get the exact same gold back anyway. I would think most of the gold shops would arrange engraving for you.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Hi Simmo,

I am in the Jewellery business and may be able to help you. If you pm me I will probably be able to give you some suggestions.

Cheers