Baby Equipment Hire

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Montydog
Rookie
Rookie

Baby Equipment Hire

Post by Montydog »

Are there any companys in Hua Hin that are hiring equipment for babies, mainly a safety approved car seat.
I did google & came up with Hua Hin Baby Rentals but bizarely they are based in Phuket!!!!!
Am visiting family next month & dont really want to lug the car seat with me.
No Money, No Honey
Montydog
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Baby Equipment Hire

Post by Montydog »

anyone ??? please???? Im sure its been done b4, I really dont want to bring mine with, they r not cheap, I dont want it getting damaged.
Thanks
No Money, No Honey
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"Safety approved" is kind of a nebulous term here. There are no local testing or grading organizations here to my knowledge for things like this. When you buy a new car from say Honda or Toyota here, you can get a baby seat as an option. The Honda unit is made in Germany. Suspect Toyota version made in the West or Japan as well.

I've been in Tesco-Lotus (not Hua Hin) and they sell them and if I recall they are around 3,000 Baht. Better than nothing for your use while here even though they may not be up to full Western standards.

Being the weekend is upon us maybe some kind soul on the forum here who is headed to Tesco for shopping could take a look if they're in stock and report back. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Reading this site, they seem to deliver regardless of where you are in Thailand. Perhaps worth contacting them. Pete :cheers:

http://www.tinytots.in.th/homeeng.htm
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Montydog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Montydog »

Thanks a lot, ill have my family over there contact them. Im not gonna skimp on safety by buying a cheap version, have seen the driving out there!!!!
Much appreciated!
No Money, No Honey
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Montydog wrote:Thanks a lot, ill have my family over there contact them. Im not gonna skimp on safety by buying a cheap version, have seen the driving out there!!!!
Much appreciated!
Just to add some perspective, I have one that I bought for my Granddaughter when she was just a few moths old, and she is now 4.5 years old. It cost nearer to 30,000 Baht, 28k if I recall. It is imported from the US, has a full harness system, and needs to be installed in the car with a full shoulder type seat belt, not just a lap belt. I looked at many others before buying it, and to be honest, I would not use any of them as a "safety" seat.

The site that Pete has listed is interesting, but strange that they do not give an address. I think that I would be wanting to see just what it is that they are offering, as it could be a "Tesco" type, and not to the standard that you are wanting. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Their phone number is 083, where is that? Pete :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:Their phone number is 083, where is that? Pete :cheers:
It`s a mobile number, I think, Pete. :cheers:
Montydog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Montydog »

I have emailed them asking about the delivery & what brand they r supplying. Im suprised there isnt more ex pat run companies out there offering this, back in the UK there are tons. Im thinking maybe one of the Well Known car hire co's may be able to help. Failing that I shall bring mine with, it also cost the equivalent of around 20,000 bht.
No Money, No Honey
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I was going to suggest a car hire company, but unless you are dealing with an expat, you are going to run up against a blank look! Maybe try it through your local UK agent, rather than direct. The company named after a sparkling stone has a local expat agent in Thailand. Good Luck.
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

Try Mothercare who have several shops in Bangkok. Their website (Google Mothercare Thailand) has car seats listed including Britax for 15900 Baht and others from 4900 Baht. Some of the baby goods shops on 2d floor (3rd floor for non Brits!) Market Village have seats for sale.

I bought one from the top floor of the Shopping Mall, Satukarn Square Hua Hin, for about 3000 Baht 2 years ago. Not top of the range obviously but is useful for just a few days use when family with young children stay. It is a 3 point shoulder strap harness type and has been used for 2 to 4 years old. My daughter used it for her 3 year old son when they had to drive from Hua Hin to Phuket when the airport was taken over Nov 2008.

Not too sure if hiring one is a good idea as you don't know what sort of conditions they have been used or abused!

(Edit to correct typo!)