Tariffs and TVs

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
tourneypro
Novice
Novice

Tariffs and TVs

Post by tourneypro »

Back for more advice...

I am thinking about sending some household stuff to HH so that it arrives when I am there over Christmas. I am not a Thai or work permit holder or anything like that , so do I have to pay a ludicrous duty on some old plates and books, or will the nice customs people wave it through?

Also, I'll be in the market for some electrical goods - TV, DVD player, stereo and the like...where's the best place to shop for this stuff? I bought my washing machine from the Sony Shop (??) on P. Road, not too far from the clock tower (BKK way) and thought most of the stuff in there was pretty fully priced. Maybe this stuff is expensive (relative) in Thailand or is it just a HH premium? Replies would be much appreciated!!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Have never done it but no doubt expect to pay something.

There are countless stores and furniture places in town that sell these items. You could also try Big C in Petchaburi, they have a big range of TVs, DVD players etc., cheaper than HH too!