big brother moves to Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

big brother moves to Hua Hin

Post by splitlid »

cameras have been places at the traffic lights on Petchakasem road and Soi 40(i think)

look above the police box on the corner...two of the buggers.looks like the cables lead into the police box.maybe so they can mess up the traffic flow in comfort whilst eating their favourite bowl of noodles. :roll:

anyone else seen any others????
buksida

Post by buksida »

Havent seen these yet but I don't think its a bad idea if they're used and managed properly.

Chances are that any tape that may have been useful will get recorded over with thursdays edition of "Rich Bangkok nobs that scream alot with spikey hair, posh houses and guns".
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

saw two more today all on petchkasem road on main junction near police station and also on the night market junction.
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Re: big brother moves to Hua Hin

Post by Dirkepirk »

splitlid wrote:maybe so they can mess up the traffic flow in comfort
How do you expect them to do that? Quite frankly I don't see the problem with traffic cameras.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

Dirkepirk wrote:
splitlid wrote:maybe so they can mess up the traffic flow in comfort
How do you expect them to do that? Quite frankly I don't see the problem with traffic cameras.
neither do i.
however, the traffic police are more of a problem when they try to get involved and direct traffic,sitting in their police box looking at cameras and changing the lights will give them hours of entertainment in comfort.
:D
lfc3acmilan3

Post by lfc3acmilan3 »

if they are anything like the ones in liverpool, then they wont even be turned on!
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

lfc3acmilan3 wrote:if they are anything like the ones in liverpool, then they wont even be turned on!
You can't switch them on in Liverpool. They are all dummies. If they were real they would have been nicked long ago.

Anyway who would want to take pictures of scousers.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Sometimes Guess, I wonder how you get away with it, even though its the truth!!! :)
Talk is cheap
lfc3acmilan3

Post by lfc3acmilan3 »

har de har guess. but seriously, i went to thailand to get away from all the gestapo crap they are pulling in england at the mo, and what do i find, that a developing country is only 5 years behind us with surveilance and amateur psychology. the thais seem to be genuinly respectful/ scared of authority, but i suppose the police can get away with knocking *^&@ out of them and as westerners we seem to get a lot of byes.
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dirkepirk »

splitlid wrote:the traffic police are more of a problem when they try to get involved and direct traffic,sitting in their police box looking at cameras and changing the lights will give them hours of entertainment in comfort.
:D
I see. Didn't know they could do that. However, don't you think they would get bored doing that? And I would also think that there is some kind of mechanism that will prevent them from doing really crazy/dangerous things.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

[quote="lfc3acmilan3"........... i went to thailand to get away from all the gestapo crap they are pulling in england at the mo[/quote]

And to think that just fifteen years ago the Iron Maiden was vehemently defending the rights of freedom of the individual in the UK against the trends of other European nations.

I reckon if I ever went there I would be arrested as soon as I stepped off the plane. I can just imagine the lenght of the queue of mobsters waiting to talk to me. Namely the IRS, the CSA, Immigration, Customs and Excise etc. etc.

Anyway on a more serious note if someone can be absolutely precise on the locatiion of the Hua Hin cameras I will arrange for a mass moony and maybe the odd Katoey Silicon flash.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

You'll be okay guess, only one in your list remains. The CSA is being disbanded and the revenue and customs has just merged.

Besides, the revenue is far too busy giving tax credits to eastern europeans so they can buy homes in their home towns of origin. I think 5k is the going rate. You only have to submit a form with your name and some vague approximation of what you are doing, little else is needed.
Talk is cheap