Tops Supermarket in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Tops Supermarket in Hua Hin?

Post by joelle »

don't understand why a lot of people are so much wanting a TOPS supermarket when there are plenty of others to choose from
went to TOPS in Robinsons Petchaburi yesterday and wasn't impressed at all, just like any Tesco, Big C or the likes and prices are not different, some thing (not many) a little cheaper and others a little more expensive
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Personally, I've never knowingly tried TOPS, and at the moment could take it or leave it.

I think trying to compare the shop we get at Petchaburi with the shop we will get in Hua Hin is a little off the mark. The population of both towns is very different. You can walk around Petchaburi for an hour and not see another Farang, so why would they attempt a Farang range of goods? It would go out of date on the shelf.

They just might bring something a little different, or a little cheaper to Hua Hin. If they do, I will use them. If they don't, I won't. When they come, they will have to do something to attract custom, hopefully that something will benefit many of us.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:52 am Personally, I've never knowingly tried TOPS, and at the moment could take it or leave it.

I think trying to compare the shop we get at Petchaburi with the shop we will get in Hua Hin is a little off the mark. The population of both towns is very different. You can walk around Petchaburi for an hour and not see another Farang, so why would they attempt a Farang range of goods? It would go out of date on the shelf.

They just might bring something a little different, or a little cheaper to Hua Hin. If they do, I will use them. If they don't, I won't. When they come, they will have to do something to attract custom, hopefully that something will benefit many of us.
I agree. Been to a Tops in Bangkok and they had a good selection of Western foods. If the HH version does, I'll go, if not, nope.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:52 am Personally, I've never knowingly tried TOPS, and at the moment could take it or leave it.

like letting you take in your reusable bags :duck:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I doubt it - TIT :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

If you miss the food of your countries: My advise: GO BACK.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:42 pm If you miss the food of your countries: My advise: GO BACK.
THEN Good Bye I hope !
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:42 pm If you miss the food of your countries: My advise: GO BACK.
What an immature and inane comment. But not unexpected.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:20 pm
What an immature and inane comment. But not unexpected.
You are insane, you don't like to hear the truth. With such a large choice in Thailand and so many imported goods by department stores and also by expats with illegal companies, you still looking for new department stores. Seems that you are afraid of starving.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:01 pm Seems that you are afraid of starving.
not much chance of that with the amount of bullshit you feed us daily
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:01 pmyou still looking for new department stores.
Nothing new about TOPS. It's part of the Central Group (as is Power Buy, whose premises they will be sharing). They are part of the largest retail company in Thailand. TOPS supermarkets are an off-shoot of the Central Food Halls in Bangkok, which confusingly, sometimes appear at Malls near to other Malls with a TOPS! Such as Central Eastville (TOPS) and The Crystal Mall (Central Food Hall), which at most are about 2km apart on the same side of the road if heading NE out of Bkk. There are several in Bangkok, often indepedent of shopping Malls, as well as in cities such as Pattaya, Korat and Khon Kaen and there's even one in Phuket.

The mystery really is why they have taken so long to get to Hua Hin? But now the Company are delivering to TOPS at Robinsons (also owned by Central) in Petchaburi, then it's not much further to get to Hua Hin.

But don't expect it to be cheap. Many of the imported goods in particular, aren't.

The bigger question is whether all such supermarkets will still be trading in HH in a few years?
Talk is cheap
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The bigger question is whether all such supermarkets will still be trading in HH in a few years?
Yes, very true. Villa Market may well be the first to quit, at least cutting back to one outlet.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

europtimiste wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:57 am
HHTel wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:10 pm
If you're British, plenty,
No good for Europrat then. He's not even from this planet!!

Sorry, couldn't resist it.
I agree you could't resist to a stupid comment.
:lach: :lach: :lach: comes from you euro

:cheers: :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Only guessing but.... I accused you of an inane comment and you responded that I'm insane.

You do know the difference between the two words?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:27 am Only guessing but.... I accused you of an inane comment and you responded that I'm insane.

You do know the difference between the two words?
All comments are inane.
A simple information about opening of this supermarket would be enough.