Chris Roper RIP

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Chris Roper RIP

Post by Big Boy »

I have just picked up some very sad news from Facebook from Chris' son.
Chris Roper

Seems news spreads fast.

It is with the deepest saddest that i confirm that my father Christoper John Roper passed away this morning at 8am aged just 66.

I'm as bias as hell, but trust me he was one of the nicest and most genuine people this world ever produced.

A huge thank you to all his friends that wished him well these past few weeks/months, it meant a huge amount to him that people were rooting for him all over the world.

I'll let you all know the dates for funeral etc once arranged and for his friends in Thailand, i promised him that i would come back next year and have a hack around Lake View and take his friends to Billabong - which will of course be on him! Hopefully we can arrange a special evening in his memory at Jungle Juice (if thats ok Oil?).

He was a inspiration as a father and as a man and the world is a poorer place for his passing.

PS - He held on long enough to see England win the Ashes and Plymouth Argyle win their first game of the season, so his heart left us with joy in it.
I've had quite a few discussions with Chris over the years - mainly about the plight of our ill-fated football team.

In later years I have been the victim of some of Chris' megga hard quizzes at Johnny 56 (nothing to do with me being thick :oops: ).

Anyway, Chris was a really nice guy, who will be sadly missed.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18