New Villa Market in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

I would welcome a food section like at Central in Pattaya or Emporium in Bangkok, good choice of foods.

Villa is ok but not as good quality as the price appears to indicate.

Would welcome a Foodland.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: New Villa Market in Hua Hin

Post by Terry »

I'd heard that it was Big C with 10 aisles of cooking oil, 10 aisles of baby formula and a dunkin' donuts on each entrance. :thumb:

But a quality supermarket as per the Central supermarkets in the basement of Paragon Bangkok and Terminal 21 Bangkok would be a really good addition to the shopping choices. 8)
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Blueport is owned by the Mall Group.

The supermarket should be Gourmet Market, the same as at Siam Paragon & Emporium / Emquartier. If not, it will be Fresh Mart, the same as at The Mall stores.

Edit - just saw Terry's post, yes, there is a smaller version of Gourmet Market at T21. At the new T21 being built in Korat, the supermarket will be the Malls Fresh Mart.

For me personally, the best supermarket for farangs in Thailand, from my experience to date, is at Central Chit Lom, with their tie in's with Waitrose & M&S, their fantastic cheese selection and all round availability of farang offerings.
Talk is cheap
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

caller wrote:.................For me personally, the best supermarket for farangs in Thailand, from my experience to date, is at Central Chit Lom, with their tie in's with Waitrose & M&S, their fantastic cheese selection and all round availability of farang offerings.
Quite right Caller - I had forgotten that one
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Terry wrote:
caller wrote:.................For me personally, the best supermarket for farangs in Thailand, from my experience to date, is at Central Chit Lom, with their tie in's with Waitrose & M&S, their fantastic cheese selection and all round availability of farang offerings.
Quite right Caller - I had forgotten that one
Tops is somehow tied up with the Central group now as what you describe above is what Tops at Central Festival Pattaya has on offer. Thanks to Waitrose cheese I've probably put on 10 kilos over the past 2 years. :( :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

TOPS is the same, its just that at Central it's bigger and better.

At some stage, Central will be building a massive store in Korat with a 24 storey hotel. At the moment, Fresh Mart in the Mall is the best there is, but they're a bit complacent. I think a decent TOPS will really shake them up. Otherwise there's a small farang place selling pies, sausages and things. Not as good as HHH&B though.
Talk is cheap
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Meanwhile, back with Villa Market, I saw this at Index today.
villaatindex.jpg
villaatindex.jpg (148.37 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

nice now I dont have to go into town for shopping there :D :D

:cheers: :cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

They need more than a 7/11 even if its a 7000/11000, MV has 2 good anchors Tesco and Home Pro, they bring the crowds in who hopefully will shop at the boutiques although that does not seem to happen very much at MV.
I do think the forum needs someone to replace Richard with his caustic comments about shopping malls!
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

While I enjoy the presence of Villa Market on P'Road near Soi 84, I would welcome some competition from Foodland, Tops, Central, etc.

I just returned from a few years living across the way in Jomtien and used to shop at FoodMart, which itself is not known for bargain prices. However, I used to buy 100g packages of smoked Norwegian salmon for B110. The same package at Villa Market here is *B175*. So much for my salmon fetish. :(

A grocery store like Emporium has in Bangkok would be a delightful addition at Blu Port.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Back to the original post, new Villa Market opening next to Index Living Mall, 29th January 2016.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Geko wrote:Back to the original post, new Villa Market opening next to Index Living Mall, 29th January 2016.
Thanks for that,looking forward to it.

:cheers: :cheers:
fft100
Professional
Professional

Re: The new Venezia Shopping complex

Post by fft100 »

posters all over town saying villa opens at index mall (presumably the old pure shop) on 26th jan.
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

29th jan
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

U.Kvarme wrote:29th jan