RIP - Ian Lewins

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RIP - Ian Lewins

Post by JW »

Just had a mail saying the cremation is 4pm Sunday. Maybe someone else can confirm to make sure this source is right.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Ian was responsible for attracting significant number of high end golfing groups to come to HH. In his easy going way he never pushed this too much, but the satisfaction of those he was involved with was very high.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I have just been informed by the family that the cremation will take place at 4pm on Sunday. Best to get there for 3pm to pay final respects though.

It is also possible that between now and then the temple will be open for visitors to pay respects to Ian during the coming evenings.

The temple is called Gasaspa (sp) and is located on the road to Black Mountain from the Pala-U road.

Those of you who know the area may want to clarify my directions please
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
templetiger
Novice
Novice

Post by templetiger »

I met Ian through business when I first came to Hua Hin and he was a true gentleman. He always had time for a chat and always willing to help if he could.

I also found (to my cost sometimes) that Ian always liked a bit of banter even though in the main he was a quiet man.

He will be missed
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Wat Katsapa can be reached from two directions.

From Petchkasem Road, turn up Soi 58, follow the road and turn left over railway crossing, continue on to traffic lights, go straight across and continue up this road, once past the houses and shops the road bends to the right and then bends left, as you straighten out the temple is directly to your right. There is another temple directly next to it which is on the crossroads to the Black Mountain turn off, if you get to the crossroads you have gone too far.

From the Pala-U road, turn off at the Kings Dog Sanctuary Road, follow this road all the way past the big temple on the hill until you get to the crossroads, go straight across and the Temple is about 200 meters on your right.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

I met Ian quite a few times at Skal meetings and the like.

He was such a gently-spoken man and always had time for a chat.
An absolute gentleman with impeccable manners and somebody who actually listened when you were talking to him.

Those meetings just won't be quite the same without his presence.

RIP Ian
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Does anybody know if there are the usual evening services? If so, what are the details please?

I can't make Sunday, but I'd like to pay my respects.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Big Boy wrote:Does anybody know if there are the usual evening services? If so, what are the details please?

I can't make Sunday, but I'd like to pay my respects.
I've been told 7.30 to 8ish start time every evening subject to 'monk time'. Sorry, can't be more precise BB

ps 'Monk time' is akin to 'Thai time' except the string is longer :)
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Andrew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Andrew »

There is no easy way to hijack this thread -I am Ian's son!
I'd like to publicly thank all of you for your kind words, especially Richard for leading with the thread and obituary.
Best regards/wishes to you all.
Andy