RIP Roger Smith

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
buksida

RIP Roger Smith

Post by buksida »

rs.jpg
rs.jpg (2.86 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
I hope JW wont mind me quoting this from his FB page as he says everything I would want to about a good friend and father of two who sadly passed yesterday, Hua Hin has lost another good man.
We lost a great man today, I have the honor to call Roger Smith a true friend. A brilliant sportsman, in rugby, cricket and golf. He took care of his children George and Erica, both brilliant people, and brought them up with respect and honor at the forefront of their minds. Its a hugely sad day and I am having real trouble to believe that a great friend has left us before his time. Rip Roger, will never forget you my friend. One of the saddest days in my time in Thailand.
Roger suffered in pain for years as a result of a hip operation gone wrong yet still he soldiered on through hard times to provide for his two children. Rest in peace my friend, finally no pain.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Re: RIP Roger Smith

Post by lomuamart »

A sad loss for HH. I'd known Roger for years and he'll be sadly missed.
My condolences go out to his family. RIP.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I only met Roger briefly, but its always sad when another expat passes.

Sincere condolences.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

In an effort to raise some funds for Rogers children we will be holding a small auction after golf at Banyan tomorrow - anyone with anything that they want to donate please let me know on FB. There will be a 3 night stay in the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Any donations are most welcome these will go towards any costs up and coming and ensuring that George and Erica are ok.

I can be reached on 0878211077
buksida

Post by buksida »

Roger is currently at Wat Hua Hin, his son George informed me that the service will be held on Saturday (26th).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson