What brought you to Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Tommy farang
Novice
Novice

Re: What brought you to Hua Hin?

Post by Tommy farang »

HI Grunter.. I own a home in Orchid Plam Homes 5.. good choice of place to live. We love Hua Hin and have no regrets since moving here from Hong kong.
BigMac
Novice
Novice

Post by BigMac »

My wife don't allow me to go to Pattaya anymore, so Hua Hin it is. ;)
huahin123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by huahin123 »

I came here randomly 10 years ago, I finally came back. This time it was to train Muay Thai.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

huahin123 wrote:I came here randomly 10 years ago, I finally came back. This time it was to train Muay Thai.
And presumably to break the record for fastest to 10 (or rather 13...) posts.
This is the way
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

[quote="Takiap"]Visited Hua-Hin for the first time in the late 90s but can't remember much from that

Despite all the changes though, it's still not such a bad place to live, if only I could get rid of my MIL.
:cheers:
:[/quo

I have tried to understand what MIL is related to Hua Hin, but can only assume it has nothing to do with it, but with "Mother - In - Law"?

Did she move there or is your wife's family from Hua Hin?

This is an issue as my wife is not from Hua Hin, but as most Thais genuinely attached to her family, such that she likes to see them almost daily.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
chopper666
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chopper666 »

i get flyticket´s and hotel for 30 year birthday present and i was surprised how much i liked hua hin atmosphere :) and i come back and live in hua hin becouse i left half of my heart there :roll:

not bad fate.. :)
leither69

Post by leither69 »

I intended to move to Patong originally, came to Hua Hin for a short break and was'nt overly impressed the first time. Circumstances brought me back and I found myself becoming more interested as I became to knew the place better. Afet 3/4 time shere I knew it was where I wanted to stay, the rest is history :D
Shoeless-Joe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shoeless-Joe »

I came to thailand for holidays a couple of times but never been to hua hin. I thought thailand would be a nice place to live so i started looking for a job. Found one in hua hin, figured out that hua hin has a beach. Good enough for me, now i'm here :-)
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Don't need shoes here either Joe. :D
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Shoeless-Joe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shoeless-Joe »

Haha, true. But sadly still got to wear some at work...
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

What brings me to Hua Hin, is my buddy with the nice house, where I can stay a few days while I figure out where to hang my hat for the rest of my stay. I am hoping to get a chance to stay part of the year at Hua Hin in 3 or 4 more years. I enjoy the odd night or 3 having a drink or 2 in the bar areas, it gives me a chance to meet with people I have seen over the last 10 years of coming to
Hua Hin. In the past I used to go to Phuket and spend some of my stay at Kata Beach. During my last visit there, I found out the little place I stayed at had been sold and it was more expensive to stay
in the area. So Hua Hin is now my choice of places to visit.
Stargeezer
Attachments
phpHrcfQxPM[1].jpg
phpHrcfQxPM[1].jpg (83.67 KiB) Viewed 552 times
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.