Hua Hin Video thread

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Video thread

Post by Stargeezer »

I really enjoyed the videos from Buksida and Big Boy, they bring back the memories of my last 2 stays at Hua Hin. I rode my old Honda bike around most of the routes, and watching these videos makes me long to return to Hua Hin for another Winter. Looking out my window today I am watching the snow come down once again. If any of you have some new videos of the area with the New Big C or Makro or other new developments maybe the one on Soi 112, not sure what it has become, it would be enjoyable to see.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

A view from the air although not HH but just a few miles south.

Three of us decided to skydive to sponsor the Tsunami some years back. This clip is of Terry (a top skydive instructor) and B** who I managed to persuade to leave her post as a bar cashier for 1 day to jump out of a plane 15000 feet up. It's a bit lengthy but worth a watch if only to see a poor little Thai girl who had never been in a plane before leap out into space and link up with fellow lunatics. My jump is on film but I'm too shy to make it public :oops:

I can't remember the precise location but I'm sure some reader will know and inform us.

Many of you who were around in those days may remember B** and Terry. B** left for pastures new and Terry was killed in a car accident in HH a few years back so this is dedicated to Terry.

Would I do it again? You bet. Beats the sh1t out of any other stimulating experience :duck:

RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Looks like Ao Manao/Prachuab to me.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

....................................jump out of a plane 15000 feet up
Would be interested to know how you were able to attain 15,000 ft to jump from?
By international aviation regulations oxygen is required above 10,000 ft.
The temperature in a ISA (std atmosphere) at 15,000 ft is -14 degrees C, 6 degrees F.
The air pressure is 8.29 psi, as against 14.7 at sea level. :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Nereus wrote:
....................................jump out of a plane 15000 feet up
Would be interested to know how you were able to attain 15,000 ft to jump from?
By international aviation regulations oxygen is required above 10,000 ft.
The temperature in a ISA (std atmosphere) at 15,000 ft is -14 degrees C, 6 degrees F.
The air pressure is 8.29 psi, as against 14.7 at sea level. :?
The standard sport skydiving altitude is 12,500 feet AGL (Above Ground Level), sometimes up to 18,000 feet depending on the altitude of the drop zone, type of aircraft and type of jump. From these 12,500 feet at a typical belly-to-earth fall rate of around 115 mph, a skydiver can enjoy a freefall of up to and slightly over one minute until he or she reaches pull altitude.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

All the videos are just black squares in my browser and there's no way to play them... :?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Big Boy
I was watching your video threads , one of your ride in the rain in Oct, and the Christmas ride with the Kings lights, Great stuff, thanks for posing it. Your wife sounds a bit like my wife when I am driving around, I get lots of advise etc. My buddy says I don't need a GPS, as I have my own Naggigater.
Stargeezer
pictures of it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach: I've just read your post to my wife - beware :D

Points 41; Position 18
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Wow, I don't remember soi 80 looking like that!
Guess I will have to rent a motor bike the
next visit and go exploring again
Stargeezer
pictures of it.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Stargeezer wrote:Big Boy
I was watching your video threads , one of your ride in the rain in Oct, and the Christmas ride with the Kings lights, Great stuff, thanks for posing it. Your wife sounds a bit like my wife when I am driving around, I get lots of advise etc. My buddy says I don't need a GPS, as I have my own Naggigater.
Stargeezer
That reminds me of the old "want ad" joke I first heard about 20 years ago:

"For Sale; One set of Encyclopedia Britannica. No longer needed, I have a Thai wife and she knows everything."
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

I was up early this morning, set the alarm for 05.30, so I could get down to the beach and film the sun rising over the sea. I had no idea there would be so many people there at around 06.15 but there were and they all looked to be enjoying themselves as the sun came up and very quickly started to warm the sand. I hope you enjoy watching this very different view of Hua Hin beach as much as I did making it:

"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ WOW! :shock: extremely well done Jaimie...professional quality. :thumb:

What is your control range for your drone? Imagine it must be extensive as seemed far away in some shots. Again, really good stuff, you could sell that footage to the TAT without problem IMO. Pete :cheers:
Last edited by PeteC on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Excellent J.J.B. - very well done, I really enjoyed that!
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

prcscct wrote:What is your control range for your drone?
Thanks Pete and Barrys, it's a lot of fun. The range is limited in software to 5,000ft horizontally and 1,500 feet vertically but you'd be hard pushed to get that out of it and I find rarely need to. The max height in that video is around 600 feet with the distance no more than 1,200. The biggest challenge is not dropping it in the drink and remembering to bring it home well before the battery reaches around 25% ~ roughly 18 minutes' flight time. Glad you liked it.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Very good - thank you.

Points 41; Position 18