Outsize clothing in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Outsize clothing in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Even though I've lost a tremendous amount of weight, I haven't shrunk enough to fit normal 'off the shelf' clothing in Thailand yet. OK, T Shirts and shorts are found without too much trouble, but outsize underwear is a problem.

Just before Christmas, somebody bought me full sized underpants that fitted comfortably as a present. By the time I'd opened the present, and asked where they were purchased, the stall in Market Village was long gone. I was told it was an outlet stall that sets up in the area just before the entrance to Tesco.

Looking around town, I'm not the only fatty here, so I thought I would share this.

The outlet stalls are back. I've picked up 10 pairs of underpants this morning at just 59 Baht a pair. The exact same underpants cost $13.99 on Amazon. However, there's no order to the way things are displayed - presented with the elegance of a chaotic jumble sale. You've got to search.

I guess they've got other big stuff there as well. They only come a couple of times a year, so its an opportunity that shouldn't be missed by resident fatties :oops: .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Outsize Clothing

Post by dtaai-maai »

Big Boy wrote:Looking around town, I'm not the only fatty here...
As if... :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:
This is the way
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Do you happen to remember any of the brand names that are available? Or the range of sizes?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I went for the Dickies underwear as in the link I provided. They had up to 4XL in the underwear. I'm assuming that if they had underwear (I've not seen such huge sizes elsewhere in Thailand) they would have other stuff. However, that is an assumption - I wasn't looking for anything else. This is 2 out of 2 times they've had outsize underwear.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

The Export Clothing Big Kiosk is there most of the year. The amount of 3,4,5,6 XL shirts is sparse but they do have good stuff. I bought today 1 Nautica and 2 Panama Jack Shirts @ 220 bht a piece. I did get boxer underwear but I think it is only up to 46-48 waist. That's in the 79bht bin. Always a good check as they have new stuff come in ever week. The guy who runs it is helpful and speaks enough English. Good luck.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Foodie wrote:I did get boxer underwear but I think it is only up to 46-48 waist.
There was definitely at least one pair of Dickies 4XL boxers there this morning @ 59 baht. That's what first caught my eye. We then dived into the chaos to find briefs in my size :D

My wife has been checking for some time with the various vendors that set up there, but this is the first time since Christmas there have been 'jumbo' briefs on sale.

Points 48; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Outsize clothing in Hua Hin

Post by hhfarang »

I haven't tried them out yet, but there is a shop just a few paces from the grocery section in the old Hua Hin Shopping Mall along the north wall that has a sign out that says something like "We Have Big Boy Clothing". I thought of you, Big Boy, and chuckled when I saw it.... BTW, I'm a big boy too, at least in diameter. :oops:

Did those folks happen to mention how long they are going to be in front of Tesco this time?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry, I didn't ask.

Points 48; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

hhfarang wrote:I haven't tried them out yet, but there is a shop just a few paces from the grocery section in the old Hua Hin Shopping Mall along the north wall that has a sign out that says something like "We Have Big Boy Clothing". ..........
Yes, that is "Annie". She has a good range of larger size casual clothing. Just watch out for some of her prices, as they tend to be large as well! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I recently lost 33kgs in 6 months. I have put a bit back on but am a lot lighter than I was...lol
www.35mmview.com
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I went to the display outside Tesco yesterday, and either you were talking about a different place, they already sold out of anything for larger people, or it already changed to a different group.

All they had was the usual "Thai sized" clothing and most of that was women's and children's.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't disbelieve you, but I'll be there later, and will look to see if they have any outsize clothing. If they do still have some, I'll take photo, to help you identify the place.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

On the face of it HHF, it appeared you were right. However, a 5 second dive into a pile of jumble revealed this:
20130910_110131.jpg
I took a picture of the stall (a bit blurry) as I went up the escalator:
20130910_113120.jpg
The 59 Baht stall where I found the outsize underwear is diectly behind the person in orange.

The outsize bargains are there, but you've got to be prepared to dive in and rummage around,

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'm beginning to see the seeds of a Caption Competition entry. :duck:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source