The new Venezia Shopping complex

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: The new Venezia Shopping complex

Post by usual suspect »

Sateeb..it's my birthday soon, & the wife say's she's gonna buy me a football shirt..& on the back will be a big No.1...with GRUMPY written above it..!! ha-ha! When it comes to moaning about stuff I love it. :naughty:
I DID hint in my post that our family & I DO like the Sam Pran F/market, so I can be upbeat sometimes :thumb: ..but last time I was there that damn train nearly ran me over!!! :cuss: ( :D )

:cheers: :cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Careful US. If you get too grumpy or too picky or too sarcastic or too critical you will be muscled off the forum and labelled as a sh1t stirrer :naughty: :duck:

Oops......back to topic

Never been (and unlikely to) so cannot comment
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
taffinexile

Post by taffinexile »

Went there today with a relative who lives locally who didnt know about the entrance fee. There are many ways of getting the fee back by buying or using things, but nothing of great interest for the western visitor but i dont think we are the intended target.
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

masood11 wrote:ok the best shopping complex..

Venezia has a fan!!!!!?????
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

I went with my mate who is 61 and my babe. If you are over 60 you don't pay the fee. I am 58 but the girl let me in for free and only person who paid the fee was, ironically, my Thai girlfriend

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

An unscrupulous developer could: 1) Write leases requiring tenants to pay for the full term of the lease but allow the owner to release the space if the business has been closed for specified lenght of time, 2) Open, but discourage customers, 3) Recruit new tenants, claiming to have learned from his mistakes, and 4) Profit from the double dip.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ But, surely there are no unscrupulous developers in Hua Hin... :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Wouldn't be allowed. The trading standards authorities wouldn't stand for it.*

(*Under martial law you have to have only good, positive opinions.)
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Just in case anyone is bursting with curiosity about the Venezia but doesn't want to pay to go in, it's free entry during September. We went earlier this afternoon and it was absolutely packed out - NOT!

We parked in the Villa Market parking area and I noticed signs like the one in the picture. Anyone know what it means (apart from that some people can't spell)?
IMG_20140910_130632.jpg
IMG_20140910_130632.jpg (111.2 KiB) Viewed 725 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I would think it means park there if you're going to Villa, and some other spot(s) if you're not?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I agree but it's still a strange sign (ignoring the wording and spelling). The parking places in that area are indeed for Villa customers but initially, lots of the people vans were parking there because it's a shorter distance to that entrance. Therefore why have it in English??? There must be some logic somewhere but it escapes me!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Don't expect from thais to use correct english. They translate word by word from thai language and the result is nonsens.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

europtimiste wrote:Don't expect from thais to use correct english.
People who live in glass houses... :laugh:

I like this sign - I think the use of English is okay and shows humour. Better than most by far. 8/10...
This is the way
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

dtaai-maai wrote:
europtimiste wrote:Don't expect from thais to use correct english.
People who live in glass houses... :laugh:

I like this sign - I think the use of English is okay and shows humour. Better than most by far. 8/10...

I think Europtimiste( AKA ThaiPessimist) must have used Google translate from his mother tongue :naughty:

I think the irony of his post will be lost on him. :tsk:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I think it has a certain Zen beauty. Not often you see a deep thought on a parking sign.