hua hin soi 102 info

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: hua hin soi 102 info

Post by oakdale160 »

If exiting onto soi 102 you make a right turn and go up 102 for about half a k, there is another paved road, not signposted, unfortuneatly that will take you to 112.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But that one used to be like driving on the surface of the moon, with pockets of mud thrown in. Has it improved?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

It's improved somewhat but I think that's only due to the weather. Pretty sure it'll be back to its old ways after a good storm or two.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Your truck can handle anything BB!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but Mrs BB is the problem :wink:

Anyway, back to Soi 102.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
jamborab
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamborab »

oakdale160 wrote:Kurry Loa closed, not surprised, the owner, not a bad guy obviously regretted his decision to open it and was increasingly sour faced.
Have not been to 102 for some time--Is jack still at Squealing Pig?
As far as I know Jack is still there. He was in February anyway
migrant
Addict
Addict

Soi 102

Post by migrant »

Sorry if this was covered, tried a search and came up with nothing.

Usually our trips cover a few places but this year we are looking at spending 3 weeks in Hua Hin area alone. For that thinking about renting a house up soi 102 about a km from Petkasem. We will have a car so transport is no problem but curious how the forum views the area

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks whoever moved this!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

If you are talking up towards the end of Soi 102, we looked for a rental up there as it has several nice residential areas. If you can post or PM me the name of the development I may be able to give you a better opinion. Some of the developments, while containing nice homes, are unfinished after many years, but I don't see that as a problem for a short term rental. That area is high enough that there should be no flooding and the roads have been redone so that they are all hard surfaced and in good condition.

There are a few restaurants within short driving, or even walking distance depending on where on soi 102, and with your own transport I see nothing wrong with the area. Even from the very top end of 102 you'll be less than 10 minutes from the main traffic light in the center of town (5 minutes with no traffic).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?