What to do in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Emma7774
Novice
Novice

Re: What to do in Hua Hin?

Post by Emma7774 »

Hua Hin is a wonderful place for tour. There are lots of beaches for hanging around.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Others have said this already, but you really shouldn't buy after just a few days looking around.

I do wonder why people buy at all in Thailand, because most people who do come up against some unexpected grief, often on more than one front.

Moreover, property prices, especially in the HH area, look very inflated and might well correct, especially if the political situation deteriorates.

On the other hand, renting is relatively hassle free and not overly expensive. It also has the advantage of allowing you to up sticks and move with little difficulty.

Another good reason to rent is that your lifestyle in a tropical climate will be significantly different, and your housing needs will be not be the same. After renting for a while, you will have a better idea of what you need in the way of housing, and what you don't.

So come down, enjoy, and have a look round, but DON'T sign on the dotted line, until you know the place really well..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
tonwon
Novice
Novice

Post by tonwon »

Thank you...
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

I think it depends on how you apprach retirement or non-working life. I come from a culture where we spend time outdoor a lot by hiking or skiing. It passes time, makes you feel good, keep you fit and when doing it with others you also socialize,

In Thailand this is totally alien for climatic reasons. I hope though, that joining a fitness centre and taking language lessons can keep me occupied with regularity by applying some dicipline to it.

What I have disovered in Thailand regarding housing is that the thais put no value on "view". Mentally "view" is very important to me and in my culture view has a market value when buying real estate. Most developments I have visited in HH have no view and the plots are individually fenced in by high fences in concrete.

Thais seem to put value on privacy rather than view, or think that we farrangs do so.

The best development I have looked at so far in this regard is the Panorama south of HH. Orchid Palm homes are building their development no 7 actually called "The View" on SOi 112. However their development No 5 (?) on SOi 88 has this fenced -in plot layout which I find vry constricting although the houses are very good.

A car is a must in order to get around to do things
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Rent and Rent some more, there are lots of houses , fully furnished to rent for 10,000
to 15,000 baht per month. My buddy rented for 3 years before committing to buying a
place in the south. My cousin rented a place in La Vallie for 2 or 3 years before buying
in that area. I have looked around with my friends for more than 4 year now and I am still going to rent for at least 2 years before I think of buying anywhere
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
huahin123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by huahin123 »

Just relax and enjoy yourself :)
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

This thread should have a link to all f Big Boy's field reports, these give plenty of answers to the Question formulated by this thread.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I found this in The Asia City Network online magazine in an article titled "Six Island Escapes Close to Bangkok". Has anyone been to this island?

"Koh Singto, Hua Hin

Hua Hin-lovers must have seen this island before. Set 800 meters off Khao Takiab Beach and Suanson Pathipat, Koh Singto (literally translated as Lion Island) has a shape that from a distance looks like a crouching lion. You can get to the island by hiring a fishing boat at the fishermen's village in Khao Takiab. The journey should take about 40 minutes and the activities you can do there include fishing, snorkeling and swimming. The island has a very small beach for you to chill out on, but there is no accommodation so you can’t spend a night there. The sea water is not always clear so it’s best to ask the local fishermen about condistions when you get there. But if you like fishing and snorkeling and are looking to have a small adventure near Hua Hin, it makes for an easy option."
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes, its basically a rocky outcrop off the coast of Takiab, you can snorkel but you wont see a thing as there is no coral and the viz is about 3 inches!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson