What's all the excavating for in Bofai

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
doggie

Re: What's all the excavating for in Bofai

Post by doggie »

So just to make sure will the new 4 lane klong road go the whole way from soi 2 to soi 112 or ??? or shorter or longer !! any idea
LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND. THAT IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end,
the faster it goes.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: What's all the excavating for in Bofai

Post by Homer »

Terry wrote:
HHTel wrote:............
As for the dual track rail system, this was announced by the government as one of their many 'mega-projects'. I believe Thaksin had the same plans some years ago. Based on the usual timing, I don't expect that to happen while I'm alive. I'm sure this is a very low priority in government circles.
The plans for the new port at Dawai, Myanmar imagine new rail lines to Bangkok, through Issan, ending in south and central Vietnam. Will it be built? Will it be dual track? Doesn't matter because it won't affect the Thai southern line.

What does matter is the Thai government would have to be blind to the economic advantages of more rail capacity between Thailand and Dawai. Haven't the Chinese already offered to foot most of the bill for upgrading Thai rail lines to higher speed and dual track? All the better to flood the country with Chinese made goods which would suck if you're a Thai manufacturer. The government knows that, but the Chinese can dangle an awful lot of money in front of them.