Black Mountain water park project

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Black Mountain water park project

Post by usual suspect »

Just had a promo-flyer handed to me..prices in this leaflet are 750B/day for adults, & 375B/day for kids under 12...seems a bit steep..think I'll keep taking my kids to Dusitland's pool..555.
Grassman
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Grassman »

Is it just me ! But is black mountain the best golf course in Asia ? Or is it my 41pts last wk
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Grassman wrote:Is it just me ! But is black mountain the best golf course in Asia ? Or is it my 41pts last wk
No, but you got your 10 posts in to let you into night crawlers so stop talking shite!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
kirkyboy

Waterpark at Black Mountain

Post by kirkyboy »

Is the waterpark open yet? We are coming back in April and play golf there 3-4 times when we're there.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Waterpark at Black Mountain

Post by PET »

Try searching a 'thread' and you will come across all the recent information.

Quick answer is -- YES
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I drove past it a couple of times last week and it is open but to be honest doesn't look completely finished yet as there is still a lot of ongoing work being done. I imagine by April it could be in a much more finished state.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Yes, they were craneing in large sections of one 'chute' at lunchtime today when we drove past.

As said, April sounds a good bet, will be doing same then when family over :cheers:

SJ
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

A web link would be nice..I will have to google it..

TTJ

http://www.blackmountainwaterpark.com/
http://www.blackmountainhuahin.com/

The wakeboard picture sure does not look like Thailand(IMHO) :bow:
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
Mrock

Post by Mrock »

The wakeboard picture sure does not look like Thailand(IMHO) :bow:[/quote]

It looks like British Columbia in Canada. I've wakeboarded and waterskiied there for many years.

If I were to bet, thats where I think its from.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

The leaflet I got on the beach last week said 'Soft opening'
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I took a motorcye ride out there last week. Still plenty of construction to be done but they are getting closer.

That road is ROUGH . . it was a ball ache to be sure!
burnling
Rookie
Rookie

Post by burnling »

I visited the water park in the beginning of januari. Seemed like some preopening or something.
Not much people then. But it was a nice place. The food was okay and pretty cheap for such a place, 100-150 bath per serving. And the beer was pretty cheap. Like 70 bath for sing and 85 or such for heineken.
Worth a visit if you have kids.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Going back to the price structure of this place..as mentioned in my earlier post..the Adult price was 750B/Day
when I saw a promo-flyer at Xmas time.
Some Thai girls I know have been this week and they told me that the daily rate is only 500B for Thais..
...two-tier tarrifs eh? next Black Mtn will be designated National Park status..then all Farangs will KNOW
they have to pay more to get in.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

usual suspect wrote:Going back to the price structure of this place..as mentioned in my earlier post..the Adult price was 750B/Day
Some Thai girls I know have been this week and they told me that the daily rate is only 500B for Thais..
...two-tier tarrifs eh? next Black Mtn will be designated National Park status..then all Farangs will KNOW
I hear swedes get a 25% discount and Fins a 10% surcharge or was that norwegians not sure.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
burnling
Rookie
Rookie

Post by burnling »

usual suspect wrote:Going back to the price structure of this place..as mentioned in my earlier post..the Adult price was 750B/Day
Well that's pretty much the case for everything in Thailand. On price for farangs and one for thais.
I thinkt it is not unusual that the price for thais is at least half of from the farang price.