Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Nereus »

Dannie Boy wrote:Not a monsoon, but a decent shower this morning, with more forecast throughout the day - make the most of it before the drought sets in.
The SW Monsoon is finished and the prevailing winds have swung around to the North East.
It is still possible to get rain from this direction, especialy just now, as there is a huge high pressure area over the South China Sea, combined with low pressure areas over the south of Thailand and the Bay of Bengal / Andaman Sea.

There was a huge build up of black clouds to the east of Bangkok last evening, which moved through here without a drop of rain.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote:The SW Monsoon is finished and the prevailing winds have swung around to the North East.
Can we have the monsoon back please? The weather was much better :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Dannie Boy wrote:Not a monsoon, but a decent shower this morning, with more forecast throughout the day - make the most of it before the drought sets in.
This weather is forecast until the end of the month - so let us just hope it is correct
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

There's some definite rumblings to the south...
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:
Nereus wrote:The SW Monsoon is finished and the prevailing winds have swung around to the North East.
Can we have the monsoon back please? The weather was much better :D
I sent an email to the Weather God, and he passed it on to the SW Monsoon guru. He has just replied and basicaly wrote: "Stiff bickies", as he has already handed it over to the NE bloke.
Also, he was far from complimentary about some of the posters on here with their continual complaining. :shock:

"I got no rain", "I got too much rain", "the bloke down the road got a nice shower and I got bugger all", "my swimming pool is overflowing", "my dog wants to come inside because of the thunder", "I got wet playing golf"(lucky you can afford the bloody fees!), and so it goes on and bloody on! :roll:

He also wrote that next year he is considering swapping with the UK weather bloke, so look forward to that, because then you will have something to winge about! :shock:

A bit nasty all round actualy, if you ask me. I wanted to ask him why the weather is so stuffed up in Australia at the moment, but I decided against it as he also claimed to have a direct line to a certain Army General that has been in the news lately. :tsk:
Expat657
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Expat657 »

Looks nice out there this morning...
jpx
Novice
Novice

weather update

Post by jpx »

I will be visiting hua hin at the weekend for a short holiday .
All the forecasts i have checked out claim hua hin is suffering heavy rain and thunder storms at the moment .
could someone tell me is it that bad as i was going to bring my golf clubs with me and try to get a couple of rounds of golf in.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Re: weather update

Post by pdm3547 »

Check the weather thread

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10540
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: weather update

Post by Dannie Boy »

jpx wrote:I will be visiting hua hin at the weekend for a short holiday .
All the forecasts i have checked out claim hua hin is suffering heavy rain and thunder storms at the moment .
could someone tell me is it that bad as i was going to bring my golf clubs with me and try to get a couple of rounds of golf in.
There is still rain about but unless things get a lot worse (unlikely), you should be ok to get your golf in.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Sat on my balcony now with a cuppa and a wonderful light show going on north of HH
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

its raining... huge cell over Hua Hin right now

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... scolw.html
Last edited by JamesWest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Really giving it some at the top end of 88 at the moment, low lying cloud, torrential rain, T&L, the whole package
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

8:30 am cell forming over Hua Hin
Attachments
rain hua hin.tiff
rain hua hin.tiff (198.35 KiB) Viewed 571 times
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

robcar wrote:Really giving it some at the top end of 88 at the moment, low lying cloud, torrential rain, T&L, the whole package
T&L gone now. Just persistent, but not particularly heavy, rain.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

A temperature inversion layer over Bangkok just now. Can be common this time of the year.
From where I am, looking out to the East towards the Airport it is just a thick wall of brown gunk. Looks more like the photos we see of China. :shock:

And we have to breath that crap!