Marrying a thai girl

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Tookta,

If you want to know the correct procedure, then PM me and I will give you the rules to be followed. Christ, it takes ONE day. At the end of that, you are legally married wherever you go in the world. Divorce here or in Europe. Makes no difference. Except a divorce in Europe will screw you for everything you have..... That's life!
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

HHTEL Quote"I've lived here for over 7 years. I hope I haven't mounted that 'high horse' yet."unquote

Seems to me you cleared beechers brook and the canal turn in one leap with that post :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please note date of OP and the fact that there has been no further post from tookta :roll: :roll: :roll:

Also read the OP he doesnt know about how to get married or the legal side and then says he is coming here 2009 to work :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe my 10.5 years here (23 years married to 2 thai girls) makes me ask the question shouldnt he be asking about the rules for working here before diving into marriage :idea: :idea: :roll:
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinsimon »

HHTel wrote:The OP asked a simple question. It beggars one of two answers - YES or NO. As we all know, the answer is YES.
Stop moralising and answer the question.
How do i go about marrying a Thai girl in Thailand, whats the procedure, would it also be legal in Australia and stuff like that.
Excuse me,HHT but the above is not a YES or NO question. And yes ,you have mounted that "high horse" calling other peoples advice "crap." We read so many sad :( stories from punters who got married too quickly and lost lots of loot, not to mention the heart ache and self esteem. So dismount and kick shite for a while, it never hurts to be reminded that all is not always wine and roses. Never believe anyone who promises to love you longer than the weekend. :thumb:
just a troll for Norseman :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HHS aka oliver
The devil made me do it the first time.
The second time I did it on my own.

When I finally got to the land of milk and honey, the milkman shot me

Happy wife, Happy life!
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

sargeant wrote: 23 years married to 2 thai girls
:naughty:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

BaaBaa. wrote:
sargeant wrote: 23 years married to 2 thai girls
:naughty:
And he wonders why he has a heart condtion! :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

huahinsimon wrote: just a troll for Norseman :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HHS aka oliver
Yes HHS - with the power to ban trolls!
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Baa Baa nereus :bow: :bow: :lach: :lach: its been a :party: :neener:
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Come on Norseman I dare you :D pleaseeeeeeeeeee
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

Great minds think alike!
:cheers:
You only live once.
little imp
Amateur
Amateur

marriage

Post by little imp »

would you marry someone you met in spain etc on holiday.?

there are good and bad women everywhere, depends on the situation you meet them in.

if either of you talk about marriage in the first few months of knowing each other? is that love or lust? do you think its going to last?

anyway i happily married, 7 yrs. and to a farang.

DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Norseman wrote:
huahinsimon wrote:As with property, the best advice is "rent for a year" to see if you really like it. :thumb:

HHS
Everybody in this country is not stupid HHS!!
I've told you before, and I repeat; show some respect please!!
Agreed Norseman. HHS also knows that I dislike his use of that particular phraseology, as I find it offensive to women, placing us in the same category as inanimate objects. However, that sort of comment tells us far more about the character of the person making it than those he is commenting on, IMO.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
moja
Guru
Guru

Re: marriage

Post by moja »

little imp wrote:would you marry someone you met in spain etc on holiday.?

there are good and bad women everywhere, depends on the situation you meet them in.

if either of you talk about marriage in the first few months of knowing each other? is that love or lust? do you think its going to last?

anyway i happily married, 7 yrs. and to a farang.

My husband and I met on holiday in Majorca and two days later got engaged.

We have now been together 31 years so there is no hard and fast rule for anyone.

However on the whole I would agree with you
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Dawn wrote:
Agreed Norseman. HHS also knows that I dislike his use of that particular phraseology, as I find it offensive to women, placing us in the same category as inanimate objects. However, that sort of comment tells us far more about the character of the person making it than those he is commenting on, IMO.
100% right it's offensive. It's particularly disrespecful in Thailand due to the nature of the 'industry' many women work in, and of which many of us married.
The more I hear from him the more I'm glad I don't know him.

SJ
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

And then has the audacity to state:
huahinsimon wrote:
Excuse me,HHT but the above is not a YES or NO question. And yes ,you have mounted that "high horse" calling other peoples advice "crap." We read so many sad :( stories from punters who got married too quickly and lost lots of loot, not to mention the heart ache and self esteem. So dismount and kick shite for a while, it never hurts to be reminded that all is not always wine and roses. Never believe anyone who promises to love you longer than the weekend. ...............

HHS aka oliver
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

HHs, i find your comments offensive and some wot shallow do you think you are above other posters.I met my wife in the Hilton disco,in a proper and normal way we live in the U.k and are very happy its no different.People like you that think that you can show such a lack of respect towards Thais, this is not a meat market, it just shows this forum what sort of a person you are ARROGANT i agree with wot Dawn has said so keep those comments to your self. :guns: