Movies at the mall

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

That must have changed recently. I used to live there and went quite often to one of the cinemas; you could choose between a Thai version (mostly without subtitles) and the original soundtrack with Thai subtitles. I have seen dozens of the latter through the years there. Honestly, can not remember ever been disappointed that there was a Thai version only???
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

looking back its mostly Thai and Asian films I have seen with subtitles....most of them are either slapstick or soppy girl rom coms (Mrs S's choice not mine).

...maybe they figure with big western films we have already bought a 100bht dvd off the lads in the bars? :?

I love going to the cinema....seeing films at home isnt the same.

If I want a western or rare asian film here I will either buy a dvd or download it off one of several boards I know that put R5 / media pre-release copies out as soon as they are released in Russia, then drop the subs (if needed) off a separate site.

King N part 3 is out at the end of the month.....should be a corker.
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
KelpieKiss
Banned
Banned

Post by KelpieKiss »

What's this King N?
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

I would assume King Naresuan. Having said that, I've never seen a Thai film, I'm just going by Thai history, so I could be wrong.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!