Horse Manure

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Horse Manure

Post by Heebio »

Read the attached Hua Hin report on another Thai forum....I was going to post a reply on the subject but thought I'd better I get my facts straight first.

http://www.mangosauce.com/archives/000366.html#more

I've not been in town for about four months but since when did Hua Hin have 50 odd horses terrorising tourists on the beach? Come to think if it, with the exception of Kao Takiab where would there be room for the charge of the light brigade?

I've also witnessed on many an occasion the rider getting off and bagging any deposits his ride thought best to dump on the sand, so the floating Douglas Hurd theory just doesn't wash.

There's always been a few horses around on the beach but I'm thinking this report might be just a wee bit of an exaggeration....any comments?
cockneyrebel

Horse Manure

Post by cockneyrebel »

I'm with you on this one Heebio. I recently returned from HH in May after spending 6 months there and quite a lot of that time on the beach, and agree with you that the horsemen, "Volunteer Police", cleaned-up after their mounts. Also the people I saw "galloping along on horseback" were usually farangs who'd paid for the privilege. I always found the water to be great and "Douglas" free as well.
So Mango-man........ :guns:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm 50/50 on this one - so sitting on the horse's fence.
Lived in HH for quite some time now and regularly walk the beach to Kao Takieb when the tide allows.
Last Xmas/ New Year, I would reckon there were at least 50 horses/ponies at various stages of the 7 km stretch - wasn't counting though. Was I worried about The Light Brigade? Not particularly, as most were ridden at walking pace by kids. However, when you hear 2/3 horses galloping up behind you, it's time to hope they won't run you over.
The galloping horsepeople have no handlers in tow - don't think the volunteer police can run fast enough!! If one of our equine friends decides to relieve itself in mid gallop, there's noone around to clear up afterwards.
Another thing is that the beach is clear of horse debris around the big hotels. Try walking between the Marriot and Chiva Som and decide for yourself if anyone cares there.