The Gamers Corner

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
buksida

Re: Buying a new laptop

Post by buksida »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:32 pm In a separate but equal question; since the advent of the digital age, how many battery operated devices do you own?
Maybe food for a different thread - this one is for gamers.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: The Gamers Corner

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:45 am
handdrummer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:40 am I don't understand what you mean by, "outwit the programmer."
Maybe the mods can move this to a separate thread, but who developed the games in the first place - programmers!!
I realize that programmers developed the games. I don't understand how one can outwit the programmers when playing solitaire or why one would want to. For what purpose. Maybe it's because I don't understand the digital universe. I miss my steam-driven computer and wind-up telephone.

In a separate but equal question; since the advent of the digital age, how many battery operated devices do you own?
This is my last post on this subject - although I mentioned that I play solitaire, my comments regarding games and developers was generic - they try to make them more difficult on some games to test your mental athleticism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:19 pm
handdrummer wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:45 am

Maybe the mods can move this to a separate thread, but who developed the games in the first place - programmers!!
I realize that programmers developed the games. I don't understand how one can outwit the programmers when playing solitaire or why one would want to. For what purpose. Maybe it's because I don't understand the digital universe. I miss my steam-driven computer and wind-up telephone.

In a separate but equal question; since the advent of the digital age, how many battery operated devices do you own?
This is my last post on this subject - although I mentioned that I play solitaire, my comments regarding games and developers was generic - they try to make them more difficult on some games to test your mental athleticism

Ok, I understand that. Thanks.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Oculus Quest 2

Post by Lost »

Anyone else got it? To be honest, with the average age on the forum, I can't imagine many of you jumping round the room with your VR headset on taking out zombies. :laugh:

Maybe the spring chickens here Buksi, Pharvey, Ginjaninja etc?

Having acquired one, I'm wondering if there's any game/app recommendations. I'm just going through some free stuff at the minute. Little wander round Anne Frank's house. Delved into the mind of a schizophrenic. Wooshed round on one of the roller coasters...

'Tis damn good fun!

Any things good to install? The Resident Evil game is the only one on my list.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
buksida

Re: Oculus Quest 2

Post by buksida »

My son had one for a while, I had a little go but its way too freaky for me. Whatever game he was playing had a 6-foot lizard trying to kill or hump me so I got out of there pretty sharpish.

I'll ask him what game it was.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

buksida wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:50 am Whatever game he was playing had a 6-foot lizard trying to kill or hump me so I got out of there pretty sharpish.
:lach: :lach: :lach:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Just been playing this free game which is damn awesome. Gun Raiders. Though it was a little demoralising being called a 'total loser' by what I can only assume was a 10 year old. Apparently, going around wiping people out with the mini-gun is not good game etiquette. And the kid let me know! 🤣🤣🤣

Hey, I'm new to this.

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Sorry, I'm waffling on about this now. Just such an amazing piece of kit. Obviously it's my first time using VR.
To be honest, with the average age on the forum, I can't imagine many of you jumping round the room with your VR headset on taking out zombies
This isn't really the case actually. Sure the games are good but things like the excellent interactive tour of Anne Frank's home would be interesting to many non-gamers. And I just spent some time on the ISS learning about the astronauts day to day up there :D. Absolutely incredible! Almost feel like you're up there with them. Doubt a single person on this forum wouldn't enjoy it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.roadto ... -paul/amp/

Just wish the battery power wasn't so limited (2-3 hours). Got some more space explorer episodes to get through!

Oculus Quest 2 gets a massive 11/10 from me. Can't wait till the VR headsets with slightly sharper picture come down in price.

:cheers:
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

The Gamers Corner

Post by Ginjaninja »

I don’t have a lot of time for games due to work and try to avoid them due to my addictive personality.
I was always a RTS gamer prior to my professional career. It all started with Dune and of course C&C being my all time favourite. I was even revisiting Tiberium Sun whilst in quarantine earlier last year.
I don’t see how VR would work with RTS unless of course it let you drive a Mammoth tank!!

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I'm still enjoying my VR experience but now I really want to fork out to get either get the PSVR or a VR ready computer. Both very expensive but...

The Quest 2 is unfortunately nowhere near powerful enough for this. Played a kayak game on it but doesn't come close to the above experience. I want! :(
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Virtual Reality games are getting increasingly more awesome.

buksida

Post by buksida »

Completed Horizon Zero Dawn on PC last year, fantastic game. Not into the VR stuff so will stick to the old-fashioned mouse and keyboard!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

You a Zelda fan Buksi? Ginjaninja? The new one looks quite something. Seems you can build pretty much anything in the game - cars, hot air balloons, bridges, rockets. Even travel on a wheel if you like.

But many are simply building more and more elaborate ways of executing their korok friends 🤣

buksida

Post by buksida »

Nah, never got into that franchise. Prefer FPS and sci-fi stuff, just got Far Cry 6 on Steam for 400 baht ... my graphics card will struggle with this one!

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Looks very decent, that. Might check out some of the earlier far crys don't think if I've played them. Still working my way through The Last of Us 2 at the mo. Damn good games them.