Music - what are people listening to now?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Music - what are people listening to now?

Post by sateeb »

buksida wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:56 am Nice.

What I should have said is that these things are out there, but no seeders so they won't download. That one is in the queue now anyway, thx.
Not sure if you've seen this,our posts crossed...

Have you thought about downloading each individual track from the album on MP3Juices. Thats what I do with old obscure albums. :cheers:

https://www.mp3juices.cc/en11/

Then use an app to covert from MP3 to FLAC https://cloudconvert.com/mp3-to-flac
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
buksida

Post by buksida »

sateeb wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:51 am Have you thought about downloading each individual track from the album on MP3Juices. Thats what I do with old obscure albums. :cheers:

Then use an app to covert from MP3 to FLAC https://cloudconvert.com/mp3-to-flac
I have but the quality sucks as its limited to 192kbps - which is really noticeable on that Marshall.

Found the entire Little Feat discography which includes that album ... downloading now. :thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Well, along with everything else going on last night, it was The Last Night of The Proms at The Royal Albert Hall. I went 44 years ago, and I think things might have changed a bit! :shock:

The rise of the accordion... playing the tango! Whatever next? Can't find a vid of that yet, but here she is at the Belgian version of the event back in 2014. Not sure about "Blue", frankly, but I'll have some of that accordion... 8)

If you'd like to listen to the event, you can find it on BBC Sounds https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zm03
This is the way
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

:naughty: :naughty: /\ I bet you'd like to tickle her ivories.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Was never a big Prince fan but my when he played that guitar he was one mighty fine plucker.

― George Carlin
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Elton John and Dua Lipa

A great modern mix of several Elton John songs in one which bring back many happy memories (1980's....), family holidays et al - happy memories much needed right now...

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

She's a good singer. She does a duet with Andrea Bocelli that is really nice
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

The Elton John and Dua Lipa song immediately bought bad memories of Jive Bunny and the Mixmasters from 1989! i.e. several classics all linked together with the same disco beat.

Not a style I ever wanted to hear again... but each to his/her own!
buksida

Post by buksida »

ej.jpg
ej.jpg (83.59 KiB) Viewed 1882 times

A lot of artists including Elton John have released lockdown albums with some appropriately themed songs. I tried his latest which was a poppy mixup of his old songs with new artists, some will like it but it wasn't for me.

Paul Weller released an album this year called "On Sunset" which is a bit wishy washy. One of the better ones IMO is Bon Jovi's new album "2020". Will try Pearl Jam's latest offering, "Gigaton" next.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Chazz14 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:33 pm The Elton John and Dua Lipa song immediately bought bad memories of Jive Bunny and the Mixmasters from 1989! i.e. several classics all linked together with the same disco beat.

Not a style I ever wanted to hear again... but each to his/her own!
ZERO like the "Mixmasters from 1989" which were absolutely dire. But as you say, each to his/her own.

As buksida, can't say I enjoyed Elton John's latest album as a whole - just enjoyed this in particular.

buksida

Post by buksida »

Will be listening to David Byrne's alternative Christmas playlist on the beach this afternoon.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-byrn ... -playlist/

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5f8ja ... nsU7RVQLcz
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

An alternate view on Christmas, now an Iconic song for those who can't get home for Christmas..
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

I have just discovered the enigma that is Buckethead. What an amazing guitarist. Has anyone else heard him?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Jimbob wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:58 amAn alternate view on Christmas, now an Iconic song for those who can't get home for Christmas..
Spot on!

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Kraka's Dad wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:54 pm I have just discovered the enigma that is Buckethead. What an amazing guitarist. Has anyone else heard him?
Never heard of him but here's a taste of his style.

― George Carlin