Immigration Now On Soi 102

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Immigration Now On Soi 102

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Drove down Soi 102 as usual and have signs pointing to immigration office.

Looks like the immigration office is now out of town a little. Will follow the signs to the end tomorrow to check exactly where the office is as it was late. Fair way down by the way as the signs went on past country hill estate.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

BK or HH?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Soi 102 HH
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

At last!!
Imm. office for scuba divers.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

3 days with no rain, soi 102 has only got 10 inches of water now :D
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

Would be a good idea that you had an ATV to reach the new office that opened its doors today. I had to go, it was well signposted but the road wasn't a road, nor a track. Anyone who's bought property up that soi needs a good lawyer.
Onlyme. :o
¼Ã
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

What's become of the old place then?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Post by Onlyme »

Probably gone back to being a Police station!
The original place was an Immigration office at Singkon!
Onlyme. :D
¼Ã
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Country going down the tubes

Any recomendations about bordering countries would be welcome

I'm out of here at this rate
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

buksida

Post by buksida »

richard wrote: Any recomendations about bordering countries would be welcome
Currently researching mate ...

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... php?t=6313

Though I'm not sure the moving of HH immigration will have much impact unless they decide to tighten up on visa requirements again.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Why does it matter where the office is, with the expansion of the town they will need more room for sure.
Common guys, its natural for a town to grow - it happens everywhere, Hua Hin is still and will remain a great place to live - just take alook back where you were before. Its easy to get complacent - we are lucky buggers to be here.
Government will come round, its a transitional stage and its important to grow at a manageable rate.
Imagine the state of the place if they immediatley allowed foriegners to buy and anyone could get a year visa. It would be an absolute disaster. I am noy saying at all that they have got it all right - far from it, but it cannot be easy running a bloody country trying to appease all different walks of life.
My business would be great - but it would not be for the greater good of Thailand.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Agreed JW

Surely - it's the reception that you get at the Immigration office that counts - not where it's located.

Anyone seen the new building on the RHS of the Pa La U road as you go up the hill out of HH?

I understand that it is some sort of new fire station or emergency centre.

The town IS expanding so the facilities WILL change. Whilst having immigration in HH was a great improvement, having it at the Police Station was a pain in the arse. Parking there and just goining IN to a Police Station never made me feel comfortable.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Drove up there today to see where it was.
It's so close to Hill Village and all the Suksabai's that they can easily just walk to get there.
Big parking lot as well.

Just hope they soon will start to repair Soi 102 in it's full length.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Just back from the immigration office. Yes, a bit far away but no queues, took me about 15 minutes and I received very friendly service.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Onlyme wrote:Would be a good idea that you had an ATV to reach the new office that opened its doors today. I had to go, it was well signposted but the road wasn't a road, nor a track. Anyone who's bought property up that soi needs a good lawyer.
Onlyme. :o
You should have seen the road 2 weeks ago, they did some repairs the last few days and it is now in great shape. They only just got road lights at the far end recently. Heard that the road will be widened soon. As far as buying properties goes there are many/many new projects going on here, some really nice. As JW says HH is expanding.