NEW ALCOHOL BILL

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
nevets
Guru
Guru

NEW ALCOHOL BILL

Post by nevets »

New bill , which is awaiting approval from the military -installed parliament bans alcohol sales with in 500mtr of schools ,temples, and government offices. Bangkok Post 09 /04/ 07. ------- This will have a big affect on bars in HH, any comments.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I always thought that was the law. Certainly I was aware of a distance restriction years ago when I was running a bar.
Maybe the distance has changed? 200 meters seems to ring a bell as the limiting factor. I'm not sure. It was never enforced though.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

your right i thought it was the law at 150 mtr, but not enforced ,but this lot are mad enough to close all bars within 500mtr, that could be a lot of bars. Any bar owners know anything .
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Dream On!!!

Which other petty law is enforced?

Just means a few extra bars will provide voluntary support to the MIB
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
canada1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by canada1 »

Going armed with a constructors tape tonight to see how many metres between the temple gates and the hilton.

You guess they will close that venue. :cheers:

ST
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If the law is passed, I bet the house a beer that there is a grandfather clause. If so, it could be a great long term deal as when places close and cannot re-open as a bar, sooner or later the lucky few may find themselves with the only bars in the downtown area. Pete :cheers: