Demonstrations in BKK

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Demonstrations in BKK

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Ex PM Chuan Leepkai (sp) has come out and said the PTV who are organising tomorrows demonstration is controlled by Thaksin?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Seems like a sensible comment from the ex-PM at this moment in time?
A rai?
It's hot for the next three months, so I'll allow everyone a bit of leeway.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hi there Mr. Lomu

How hot is it actually When I left for Germany a wek ago it was sizzling hot in Bangkok and in Hua Hin a week before if it weren't for evennig breeze it would be unbareable.

The Tempereture Here in Germany is around 14 to 17 degrease iCelsius here in Germany.

The political heat is on Tempers run high in Thailand. I wonder if the Heat will rise within the next month.!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That's what I'm suggesting.
Tin helmets on and keep your head down.
Meanwhile, it's 40 degrees at best!!!!
A pressure cooker.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Bangkok, March 30 (AP): City authorities issued a temporary ban starting Thursday on political protests at a park in the Thai capital where supporters of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra planned to rally, police said.

The ban came as coup leaders who ousted Thaksin in September pressed interim Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont to impose a state of emergency and block a rally in Bangkok scheduled for Friday.

Coup leaders say they are worried that protests could turn violent.

Bangkok City Hall officials announced the ban on political rallies at Sanam Luang park from Thursday through Monday after a meeting with police and army officials, said Bangkok Police Commissioner Lt. Gen. Adisorn Nontree.

Anti-coup protesters, led by Thaksin supporters, have been holding weekly rallies calling for the restoration of democracy. At a protest last Friday that drew about 1,000 people, some demonstrators threw rocks, plastic bottles and chairs at police.

Gen. Sonthi Boonyaratglin, who led the coup, said through a spokesman Wednesday that he wanted Surayud, his appointed prime minister, to declare a state of emergency.

Surayud and Sonthi were meeting Thursday to discuss the matter.

Coup leaders believe that protesters ``want to provoke violence during the rally, that's why we have to deter it,'' said Col. Sansern Khaewkamnerd, a spokesman for Sonthi's Council for National Security.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Wel i am not going

I have a sicky note from my doctor and it specifically exempts me from

dangerous rallys
dangerous meetings
civil wars
any sort of war
rows
arguments