A lot of what we've been talking about.

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
lomuamart

A lot of what we've been talking about.

Post by lomuamart »

I certainly don't agree with some of what is written below. However:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/03/20/news/thai.php
Don't shoot the messenger!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

lomuamart,

I think the title of this thread sums it up. There's nothing new in the article, in fact the author could easily have written it after reading a couple of threads from this or many other web forums.

It is all very high level, with no attempt to go in to depth.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

I agree with parts of that article, but its just a recap of everything and extremely one sided - not exactly groundbreaking news. This bit makes me laugh though:
"I've seen so many old farangs with young Thai women," said Nattaya Rattanamanee, 31, an accountant working at a hotel on the resort island of Samui, using the Thai word for Westerners. "These old farangs damage the reputation of Thailand; they turn Thailand into a land of prostitutes."

Feeling the strain of the tourist influx, the Thai government recently announced a new approach: the country would no longer focus on the quantity of tourists, but instead target "quality" — read "wealthy" — tourists.
Thailand is effectively prostituting itself with that policy ... "Fat and old with a Thai girl ... no. Fat and old but rich with a Thai girl ... yes." Who is the whore now?

And of course they focus on the bad before the good afterall "all farangs are bad farangs" right?

:roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I second your statements buksida.
What about this: "We are getting a lot of weird retirees here," Vongthip said. "They can't survive in your country so they come here."

What on earth does she know about America or Europe, and why won't I survive there?
Any Nazi-sympathizer will applaud.

STUPID and brain dead statement.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.