Tales of Woe effecting the Economy, Where will it End????

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

P*** off, you lot.
I was only trying to be helpful, but obviously the thought fell on deaf ears.
Give me back my bullets!!!
:cheers:
BEARHUG
Banned
Banned

Post by BEARHUG »

Hi

Apparently their was an article in the BKK Post regarding the plummet in House Sale's, anyone have it?

Could you post it here?
canada1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by canada1 »

Plummeting house sales (can you believe that!!)

Faster than a falling rock, just try selling your own.

For the best info look at www.samuiforsale.com

great info.

ST
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

canada1 wrote:Plummeting house sales (can you believe that!!)

Faster than a falling rock, just try selling your own.

For the best info look at www.samuiforsale.com

great info.

ST
Hi Canada

I scanned through the website, and could not see any info relating to plummeting house sales (quantity or value?).

Samui is plagued with problems, and maybe not a typical example of Thailand in general or HH area.

Does anyone have any info relating ot Bangkok or HH?

What about Condominiums? are they falling in value?

Although already a propert oener, with no near-term plans to sell, I would be interested to know.

Thanks

Winkie
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Land prices (and therefore house prices) are still rising in Hua Hin.

Like it or not.

Burger
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

I dont know how to cut and paste but Bangkok Post "recent editions"
Business section.
2/4/07 Some Thai homeowners might dump their homes next year.
(as their interest rates change from fixed to variable)

3/4 Hua Hin and Cha Am property market remains strong.(Condos)

I dont know much about the market in HH however I would have presumed that Samui and even BKK were a bit different to HH.
You only live once.
canada1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by canada1 »

There are now countless people here trying without luck to sell their property.

The reason for the link was to show why nobody can sell, It is without doubt the most informative site i have seen and should be read before even thinking about investing. wish we had.

I also doubt that there is that much of a difference here from Samui, IE lots of plots and houses but no buyers. Same Pattaya and the rest of Thailand.

ST
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

Correct me if I am wrong. As I said I am not an expert on the property market ih HH.
I would have thought that developers would not be building at such a rate if they were not confident of selling.
The last time I was there (Jan 07) I could not believe the amount of new development.
I know ,worldwide, that real estate people are super optimists however I have spoken to one recently from HH, who I know quite well and he assures me that he is very busy.( No one from this forum).
Samui from what I have read was embroiled in a fraud where people were selling land that belonged to the Govt. Naturally people are very careful there.
I here Phuket is fine (even with Tsunami scare).
Pattaya I know nothing about.
No doubt there are some areas around HH that are not popular with buyers at the moment but that is par for the course. New developments with high advertising budgets. Golf course developments. Ocean views. Close to beach/town etc will probably always be better investments than in the scrub.
I have only been involved in this forum for a few months but I must say the amount of negativity regarging property staggers me.
Most of us have a serious interest here whether it be buying,leasing or renting.
Lets be positive.
You only live once.
canada1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by canada1 »

Of course a lot of us have an interest in developments here but oz i take it you never looked at the link.

It matters not how many times you paint something, what you get is what you see.

The link states that it covers law for all Thailand, it was posted just to give real info and show why property is a hot topic.

ST
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

ozuncle wrote:
I have only been involved in this forum for a few months but I must say the amount of negativity regarging property staggers me.
I think a bit of negativity on this subject is not a bad thing, even if it just makes people think twice about the issue and take a deeper look into the situation.
If you are in the financial situation to buy a holiday home and take a risk, then there is no problem, but some people are selling up in Europe and putting everything into Thailand and this is a different situation entirely and obviously something you need to take very seriously.
For too long people have been told that there is absolutely no problem with doing this and they should perhaps get a clearer picture of the risks involved before deciding to take the plunge.
canada1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by canada1 »

I agree entirley with Steve G.

Why cant we face facts, we were sold through the company route with full knowledge by the local lawyers and real estate agents that this was illeagle.

We never considered ourselves the type of people that was talked about earlier (suckers who just want to part with money). we were led to think we were being legally represented. :oops:

Back to subject, I asked on an earlier post if it was true that a local rather large company which also publishes a monthly mag has in fact closed its construction side of their company and was this not a sign of the times.

www.samuiforsale.com to us is just an honest and truthfull explaination of the homebuyers regulations here.

ST
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Canada

You are correct, the legal stuff seems accurate. But everyone knew this before, its not new. Why swould anyone listen to only a property developer and a single lawyer? Surely everyone who has purchased through the company route knew then, and knows now the real situation.

Howveer, the webpage that you have linked contains 30% legal info, and 70% press statements. These 70% are all related to Samui, and perhaps this is why myself and others feel that the web referecne is not relevent to HH.

Sure if you look at the legal stuff in isolation, its good sensible advise, this can be found on 1,000+ other websites, so can contradictory info also, but people surely investigate further.

I'm from the UK, and I'd be a fool to listen ONLY to a property developer, or estate agent, or anyone else with a vested interest in isolation. Therefore why would anyone listen only to a property developer in a country that has a very widespread reputation for being 'artistic' with the truth.

In summary, I think everyone can, and already did, face the facts. The facts are as clear today as they have always been.

What's new?
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

canada1 wrote:Back to subject, I asked on an earlier post if it was true that a local rather large company which also publishes a monthly mag has in fact closed its construction side of their company and was this not a sign of the times.
It's a bit hard to answer that question without knowing who you are referring to exactly; it would also be interesting to know where you heard it. As far as I am aware though, no large companies which are involved in construction and also produce a monthly mag have closed the construction side of their business.
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

Even if it were true that one company closed the construction side of their business it is not necessarily a "sign of the times".
You only live once.
canada1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by canada1 »

If as is thought about this closure then it is a sign of the times. they are or were one of the biggies.

I will pm wanderlust with the name as i thought we could not mention companies on here.

ST