russian girls murdered.

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hi JW, a slightly alcohol fuelled post made late at night admittedly, but I didn't expect to read about this over my corn flakes earlier in the day!

But why do you asume I know Pattaya? I don't, only what I've read. Same thing on the Thailand-UK site where that seems to be expected. Off-topic I know, but when I made a sarcastic post about this, someone responded by saying they were surprised by what I had posted, as they THOUGHT I WAS A MAN OF THE WORLD!!! (Nudge-nudge).

We've had this before, but you can't compare to the UK, where incidentally a 15 year old Thai-UK kid was killed recently, as LOS is a beach destination of the choice of many and these stories when reported always add, as the Times did, other recent cases and some crime facts.

Bearing in mind that the UK Govt, along with others has now warned of travel to Bkk because of increased risk of terrorism (although there's more of that at home), its just a long line of bad news.
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

BANGKOK, Feb 26 (TNA) – Thai police investigators have produced some clues suggesting that a gang of foreigners may have been involved in the murder of two Russian tourists at Jomtien beach in the popular seaside resort of Pattaya on Saturday morning.

Police Lieutenant General Assawin Kwanmuang, Region 2 Provincial Police commissioner, said he had instructed the police investigating team to seek an early arrest of the culprit after close examination of
the victims' holiday snapshots taken while visiting some tourist attractions as well as security camera images which found that a gang of foreigners, in particular "The Chopper Gang", a local group in
Pattaya, may have been involved in the killings.

The police officer did not provide more details about the so-called gang, but indicated that mobile phone records of the two women are being thoroughly checked for further evidence as they used local simcards to call in and out prior to the killings.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, were found dead in their beach chairs at about 5am Saturday after being repeatedly shot by an unknown assailant, police said.

Police said the two women were tourists who had arrived in Thailand on February 16 and were due to depart on March 1.

Earlier police offered a Bt100,000 (about US$3,000) reward for the capture of the gunman. They also released a video monitor sequence of a tall man aged about 30, captured by security camera, parking a
motorcycle at a beachside road, running to the two Russian women and shooting the pair before fleeing on the motorcycle.

Gen. Assawin said Sunday that the women worked as telephone operators in Russia and were visiting Thailand for the first time with a tour group. They had noting to do with illegal transnational prostitution,
according to personal records shown by a representative from the Russian Embassy.

He also ruled out the possibility of robbery as the victims' belongings were left untouched.

Pattaya, about 110 kilometres (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, is popular among foreign holidaymakers. The beach resort attracts tens of thousands of Russian tourists every year. (TNA)-E001
BEARHUG
Banned
Banned

Post by BEARHUG »

STEVE G wrote:BANGKOK, Feb 26 (TNA) – Thai police investigators have produced some clues suggesting that a gang of foreigners may have been involved in the murder of two Russian tourists at Jomtien beach in the popular seaside resort of Pattaya on Saturday morning.

Police Lieutenant General Assawin Kwanmuang, Region 2 Provincial Police commissioner, said he had instructed the police investigating team to seek an early arrest of the culprit after close examination of
the victims' holiday snapshots taken while visiting some tourist attractions as well as security camera images which found that a gang of foreigners, in particular "The Chopper Gang", a local group in
Pattaya, may have been involved in the killings.

The police officer did not provide more details about the so-called gang, but indicated that mobile phone records of the two women are being thoroughly checked for further evidence as they used local simcards to call in and out prior to the killings.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, were found dead in their beach chairs at about 5am Saturday after being repeatedly shot by an unknown assailant, police said.

Police said the two women were tourists who had arrived in Thailand on February 16 and were due to depart on March 1.

Earlier police offered a Bt100,000 (about US$3,000) reward for the capture of the gunman. They also released a video monitor sequence of a tall man aged about 30, captured by security camera, parking a
motorcycle at a beachside road, running to the two Russian women and shooting the pair before fleeing on the motorcycle.

Gen. Assawin said Sunday that the women worked as telephone operators in Russia and were visiting Thailand for the first time with a tour group. They had noting to do with illegal transnational prostitution,
according to personal records shown by a representative from the Russian Embassy.

He also ruled out the possibility of robbery as the victims' belongings were left untouched.

Pattaya, about 110 kilometres (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, is popular among foreign holidaymakers. The beach resort attracts tens of thousands of Russian tourists every year. (TNA)-E001
Facts at last, good old journalism to the rescue. Gossip hurts all aspects of investigation.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Pete, I hope you are in bed before three every night:

'We don't want tourists to party after 3 a.m. because by that time all the good folk have gone to bed and only the bad people have come out to feed,'
Tourism Authority of Thailand Pattaya Director Chaiwat Charoensuk.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Roppongi wrote:Reports said South Jomtien.
South Jomtien would be the most remote area of Jomtien. Starting 'North' where the road S's and the beach starts, to the far other 'south' end before you enter a new area being developed called Na Jomtien. I think from beginning to end Jomtien is a good 6-8 kilometers long so a substantial stretch of beach area. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

STEVE G wrote:Pete, I hope you are in bed before three every night:

'We don't want tourists to party after 3 a.m. because by that time all the good folk have gone to bed and only the bad people have come out to feed,'
Tourism Authority of Thailand Pattaya Director Chaiwat Charoensuk.
LOL....I'm usually getting up at about 3 AM as it's the only damn time I can get a decent internet connection. Anyway, 8 months and it's adios and good riddance to this place. We're moving about 40 KM southeast to the Rayong area. I will only return when I need a fix of hard to find farang food and goodies. Pete :cheers:
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Having read all these posts its absolutely obvious who kiled them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

DCI Jockey wrote:
Having read all these posts its absolutely obvious who kiled them.
C'mon then Chief Inspector, who was it, Colonel Mustard?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Elementary dear Big Boy, elementary. The 30 year old man parked his bike and ran to the girls. The surveillance camera was blurred, but if it was clearer I am sure you would have seen this man use his hands in a frenzy, fists clenched with two pointed fingers in a pretend shooting pose warning the girls (who he knew intimately), that they were going to be shot. Imagine his surprise and horror when, as he reached them, he was too late, they had already been shot, so he ran back to his motorbike in shock. I think you will find this person will eventually come forward and explain to the police what he was doing and that he was merely going to warn the girls about the actual killer. The man selling the deck chairs was first accused by the police. Is it any wonder he went home last night and polished off a bottle of Sang Som. He would have woken up this morning with a bear of a head and thought, lucrative though the deck chair business might be, standing watching Thai police trying to solve the crime might not be a great idea - they might just decide it was him after all, so he took the day off, and you can't blame him for that. So where does that leave us you may wonder? If you look back through the posts you will find there is someone who knew a lot more than they ought to about this henious crime ... ask yourself ... why they had crucial inside knowledge?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But surely, he has an alibi - his location was Tokyo.

Or am I going down the wrong road?

Points 48; Position 20
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

It's so easy how nickel & dime journalism throws you all of the scent. This is reminding me of the old Columbo mysteries on TV.

Red Herrings flying all over the place.

Everybody speculates and complete overlooks the only possible culprit now that we have all the facts at our disposal.

Two Russian Office workers who have somehow managed to save up seven years salary for a 2 week holiday in Pattaya does not cut ice with me.

Then the murderer was caught on CCTV, In Thailand?? CCTV in Thailand and someone actually managed to play it back??? Next we will have a eye witness that just happened to be a pig that was flying above the murder scene at the time.

A much more plausible theory:

Two corpses were smuggled in from Russia and dumped on Jomtiem beach by professional ex KGB body dumpers.

A six foot Thai Man with a rubber Slavik face mask and blond wig was paid by an ex KGB treasurer to pull up at the beach front on a motorbike, run over to the deck chairs and let off two fire crackers.

A fake CCTV film was produced by Russian ex KGB propaganda film directors and given to a hotel.

END OF PART ONE

This theory was made in two parts. Reaction to the first first part will determine if the second part is suitable for public viewing.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Do we know how the Russian ladies were dressed? Maybe they were showing a little more flesh than was acceptable, and one of their Thai hosts became offended.

Or maybe they were collecting sea shells along the beach when this fire breathing dragon came along and .......................................................... sorry, wrong movie.

No, I give in - how about part 2?

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well, the photos of the death scene weren't pleasant, as you would expect. No robbery, a mobile is clearly visible on the table in front of them.

One lady appears to have a breast uncovered, otherwise, it apears they were shot where they sat.

Anyway, it appears the Police have discounted their connection to anything untoward, even their travel arrangements appear to have been accounted for.

No doubt the Police will catch and charge someone - anyone - in the next few days. They will probably get a confession as the crime scene was completely disturbed by the removal of the bodies not too long after they were found by a number of Police Officers. So there won't be much by way of forensic evidence.

Interesting to note the reaction on various forums to these murders, including this one.

I'll leave it at that.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

caller wrote: .......as the crime scene was completely disturbed by the removal of the bodies not too long after they were found by a number of Police Officers. So there won't be much by way of forensic evidence.
I can't remember one, not a single one ever well publicized here in Pattaya, where the above was not the case. From the Mayor, Police Chief on down, the first rule is to clean up everything as qucikly as possible as not to cast a bad light on tourism in Thailand. Brains here simply seem to be running on a different voltage. :roll: :roll: Pete
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

caller wrote:
Interesting to note the reaction on various forums to these murders, including this one.

I'll leave it at that.
You mean the fact that most people believe that they were "working girls" and few are displaying much distress over their deaths?

OK, well, I happen to be one of those, so I'll defend my thinking. From many of Pete's posts before, I have been aware of Russian women working in Pattaya. From the time they were out, their apparel & make-up (yes, I've seen the photos), while not confirming my thoughts, it doesn't detract from them. The way they were killed does not look like it was a hot-headed Thai getting upset about losing face or not getting paid. It also does not seem random. I have other doubts about the tourist story, as well.
As for distress about their death, if they were working girls, between their bosses & their clients, they were mixing with some very dangerous people. While it is sad that these 2 young girls have been murdered, if my theories are right, it's not surprising.

I also think that it's very unlikely the true perpetrator of the crime will ever face justice for it.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!