russian girls murdered.

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

TV News Asia out of Singapore was reporting this afternoon that now a Thai woman is involved? The Thai wife of a Russian farang businessman in Pattaya who may have had an affair with one or both of the deceased. Now, things begins to make sense. Pete
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

I did not think it would be left as Thai man guns 2 farang women on beach in deckchairs just to rob them
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

STEVE G wrote:I suppose it is possible that the man they have is the one who pulled the trigger, but I’m sure the whole story is much more complicated and will be swept under the carpet. Saying he was mentally unbalanced is a convenient way of not looking for any further motivation.
My thoughts entirely.

It all smells of a much larger conspiracy than is being reported. On the other hand it could just be a case of someone getting someone else to bump of the girls and bungled it. That is credible especially if the hit had been ordered in Russia.

I still cannot believe that these girls were office girls who were later reported to have good jobs.

The other question I have without trawling back thought the whole story is what were they doing on the beach at 5:00 AM, if I have read the time correctly. One would think nothing of seeing Thais sleeping on a beach, but two Russian holiday makers, I don't think so unless they were completely rat arsed. There was a mention of alcohol but no suggestion of them being completely zonked.

Anyway it looks like the local police have managed to round up wuite a few potential patsies.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Guess wrote:
STEVE G wrote:The other question I have without trawling back thought the whole story is what were they doing on the beach at 5:00 AM, if I have read the time correctly. One would think nothing of seeing Thais sleeping on a beach, but two Russian holiday makers, I don't think so unless they were completely rat arsed. There was a mention of alcohol but no suggestion of them being completely zonked.

Anyway it looks like the local police have managed to round up wuite a few potential patsies.
Agreed Guess. 5am suggests they were waiting for someone. Where did the drinks come from? Did they come from a bar? What was a deck chair guy doing at that time of the morning? Do gorgeous girls from Russia with "good jobs" come on holiday at Pattaya and sit at 5am on deck chairs with alcoholic drink?

I wonder if Interpol gets involved?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Police yesterday found the murder weapon used in killing two Russian women in Pattaya on February 24.

The 9mm Chinese-made Norinco pistol was found in a pond pinpointed by a witness, who is a close friend of murder suspect Anuchit Lamlert and volunteered information to police about the weapon yesterday after Anuchit was arrested on Thursday night.

The unidentified witness bought the handgun for Bt900 from Anuchit after it was used to kill Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, while they sat drinking in deckchairs on Jomtien Beach.

He later threw it away in the pond near his home in Chon Buri's Sri Racha district after Anuchit failed to show up to buy it back as he had promised.

The witness now faces a charge of possessing a firearm without permission but will have the offence dropped in return for his testimony in court about Anuchit selling the handgun to him, police said.

Police quoted Anuchit as saying that he had merely wanted to rob the victims but had shot them dead after they yelled and screamed. He fled without taking anything.

According to police, Anuchit has committed numerous crimes, mainly robbery and mugging of foreign tourists in Pattaya.

He was temporarily released after allegedly shooting a South Korean tourist in January.

Both Anuchit and the witness are in police custody separately, and acting police chief Seripisut Temiyavej will today arrive in Pattaya to question Anuchit.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

From today's Bangkok Post

Police put under pressure on Russian murder case
By Jerdsak Saengthongcharoen

Acting national police chief Seripisuth Temiyavej yesterday warned Pattaya police their jobs are on the line unless the whole of a crime gang connected to the slaying of two Russian women tourists at Jomtien beach last Saturday are brought to justice.

Pol Gen Seripisuth said police must arrest all of those involved in the killings, or they would be held accountable.

The acting national police chief will visit the city today (Saturday) to assess progress in the investigation into the murders of the tourists, Tatiana Tsimfer, 30 and Liubov Svirkova, 25.

The victims, who arrived in Pattaya on Feb 16, were on a package tour. They checked into a hotel near the spot on the beach where they were found dead in their deckchairs.

"I cannot accept it if the investigative team fails to arrest the real perpetrators. The police are obliged to keep the town in order and prevent crime, shootings, killings and robberies.

"I will promote those whose work meets my expectations, but I will show no mercy to any officer who cannot bring the criminals to court," Pol Gen Seripisuth said. The acting national police chief was directing his warning to Pol Lt-Gen Assawin Kwanmuang, chief of Provincial Police Bureau 2, in the event that Anuchit Lamlert, a 24-year-old suspect who was arrested on Thursday, turned out to be a scapegoat.

He believed a transnational crime syndicate might have a hand in the murder, so Pol Lt-Gen Assawin needed to ensure none of them escaped punishment.

The acting police chief stressed it was necessary to restore order in Pattaya to prevent the town from being a breeding ground for transnational criminal gangs.

Meanwhile, police said they still doubted if robbery was the motive behind the killings. The suspect said he tried to rob the two women, and had been forced to kill them when they shouted for help.

But judging by the brutal act, it was hard to believe that robbery was his motive, police said.

Mr Anuchit told police investigators he went into hiding in tambon Kao Maikaew of Bang Lamung district before his former girlfriend, Nongluck Sudta, 21, notified the police.

Ms Nongluck told police Mr Anucha came to her apartment telling her that he had just shot two people and needed a place to stay for a few hours.

Ms Nongluck, who is a cashier at the Hollywood Discotheque in Pattaya, said she decided to go to the police to clear herself of any links to the case.

Police confiscated a motorcycle Mr Anuchit said he used in the crime and a gun which was sold to his friend in Bang Lamung district for 900 baht.

Mr Anuchit is wanted for robbery in a case involving foreign tourists two months ago and has a history of drug abuse.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

I find this unfortunate story more and more fascinating. The recently appointed acting Police Chief Gen Seripisuth is apparently very unpopular with a lot of "corrupt" and "Lazy" police. He wants them to do their jobs properly and ged rid of corruption. I believe in him. From what he is saying, reading between the lines, he is ridiculing the arrest of the Thai guy and has said it is the whole of a crime gang connected to the slaying

He has already moved half the district police in an attempt to reduce police corruption in comfort zones. A massive shake up. Now what he is saying is completely different from what we have become accustomed to. I am watching how this story unfolds with much interest!
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Just read this which confirms what I was saying:

Police chief questions murder suspect of Russian tourists

CHON BURI: -- Thailand's acting national police chief Pol. Gen. Sereepisuth Temiyaves Saturday interrogated a suspect in the killings of two female Russian tourists at a popular beach last Saturday.

The top cop pledged to wipe out criminal gangs which have preyed on tourists and others in the past.

Details of the interrogation on the suspect identified as Anuchit Lamlert, 24, were still unknown.

Mr. Anuchit was apprehended by police on Thursday and initially confessed to police that he had murdered the Russian women, Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, after they resisted being robbed.

The two were found shot dead in their deckchairs in the eastern resort of Jomtien early on the morning of February 24.

Pol. Gen. Sereepisuth said he intended to personally investigated the murder case immediately after he received the report but was unable to do so as he had to visit the three troubled southern provinces -- Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat.

Although police arrested the suspected murderer, Pol. Gen. Sereepisuth said he was still not satisfied as he believed there must be a further motive behind the killings and that the police chief in Pattaya must be held responsible if the arrested suspect turned out to be a scapegoat.

"It's about time for me to wipe out mafia gangs operating in Pattaya because they've created a lot of problems for tourists in the past.

"There's a need to lay out preventive measures aimed at protecting lives and property of the people and tourists. I'll personally restructure police suppression measures if they fail to restore order in the area," Gen. Sereepisuth said.

--TNA 2007-03-03
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

OMG! Is it beginning to look as if they might actually try & get to the truth of this case?? :shock: Well, good on 'em, if they do...
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Actually, I'd rather they would all stop their political posturing and start doing some police work. Deeds, not words, are needed.
Talk is cheap