Best bank for farangs /

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Best bank for farangs /

Post by niggle »

Does anyone have recommendation of the 'best' bank for farangs in Hua Hin ?
By that, I mean the easiest to deal with, best Engish, easiest to open etc
Many thanks
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Swear by Bangkok bank

Always helpful, speak English and good service providing you have a smile on your face!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Thai Farmers Bank poor with bad attitude. Bangkok Bank too busy and not a good interest rate, Siam Commercial Bank for me! 4.5% interest on savings and very friendly service - not as busy as Bangkok Bank.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I’ve had no problem with Bangkok Bank, I only use it for a basic current account but it was easy and quick to open.
kiwi P

Post by kiwi P »

Bangkok Bank,,Yes is busy but once you have ALL your accounts sorted,direct payments..Get your ATM card,and you have no more Q's to worry about,,,I thought the intrest rate with the Bangkok Bank was very competitive..

:cheers: :cheers: Peace Out..
Every day is a good day 6ft above the ground
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

kiwi P wrote:Bangkok Bank,,Yes is busy but once you have ALL your accounts sorted,direct payments..Get your ATM card,and you have no more Q's to worry about,,,I thought the intrest rate with the Bangkok Bank was very competitive..

:cheers: :cheers: Peace Out..
The Bangkok Bank's rates are slightly less than the other mainstream banks.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Horses for courses, I suppose.
Unlike Jockey, I've had good service from Kasikorn (ex-Thai Farmer's Bank).
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

'
I've been banking with both Bkk Bank and Kasikorn (Thaifarmer) Bank a bit over seven years now.
I now bank solely with Kasikorn. Always excellent service and they have a branch in Market Village.
That means I can bank late evenings and during the week-ends as well.

Read a bank brochure saying that major banks will soon offer foreign currency accounts in Thailand.
That means your ill-gotten Pounds and €uros will remain foreign currency and that you'll convert them
into Baht when you want to do so, not on the moment of inbound transfer. There'll be no restriction
in moving the currencies in/out and the rates seemed very good. Damned site better than in Europe.

Just my 2 banks worth.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've used BKK, Kasikorn and SCB, all pretty much the same in terms of service and all can be busy at the wrong time.

You can get good interest rates at them all on fixed deposit accounts (currently getting 5% at Kasikorn).

Also worth looking at Ayuddhya Bank, they seem to be the most "farang friendly" at the moment.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

Ayuddhya Bank, ifind good so far opend account there 2 yrs ago when on holidays
will use it more often soon 27 days to my arrival to hua hin
:thumb: :thumb:
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hmmm Banks Ey!
I had opened an Account with SCB, Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank before Well I hafta say that all the Banks have great service. But with Bangkok Bank I have my ptoblems when I get there the worste time of day.
Interests Rates are a bit lower @ BKK Bank as Well.

I prefer the SCB for now!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

The understudy wrote:Hmmm Banks Ey!
I had opened an Account with SCB, Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank before Well I hafta say that all the Banks have great service. But with Bangkok Bank I have my ptoblems when I get there the worste time of day.
Interests Rates are a bit lower @ BKK Bank as Well.

I prefer the SCB for now!!!
Not the bank's fault if you get there the worst time of the day.
Change your schedule.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

bozzman101 wrote:Ayuddhya Bank, ifind good so far opend account there 2 yrs ago when on holidays
will use it more often soon 27 days to my arrival to hua hin
:thumb: :thumb:
I read several articles that Ayuddhya has or will merge with GEC (General Electric Capital) out of the USA. The merger will not give GEC control, therefore Ayuddhya will still be a Thai bank, but many 'western' banking efficiencies will be added to their operation. Good news I guess, only time will tell. Pete :cheers: