Wheel Balancing?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
PeteC

Wheel Balancing?

Post by PeteC »

Was in great need of the above as well as an alignment, as switched 15" to 16" on my truck and didn't have it done at that time.

Where I come from when they balance tires, they actually place a cleat with small prongs right between the wheel and tire on the outer side.

Here, they glue weights onto the inside face of the wheel. You can see them if you have an open wheel and can view the inside cylindrical surface.

Has anyone experienced if this is a reliable method, or do they come flying off after a few months as the glue deteriorates and/or you drive on rough roads? Pete :cheers:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Managed to lose mine when I sunk axle deep into soft mud on the farm two years ago.

Had them replaced and get regular check every 4 months or so at the place on the corner of Petchkasem road and Soi 51.

Pleased to say they still use the lead weights that are peened on with a hammer.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

As far as balancing is concerned it is just as effective but in this country there will be a risk of losing them and not so easy to spot if they are on the rear tire. The thing is though that it is so cheap here to get checked it's worth going every 500 KM anyway. The steering ball joints will be checked at the same time and that is important in Thailand.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Guys, most times they mormally only put the stick on weights on Alloy or Mag wheels so as not to damage the outer edge of the rims. I think that most times if you only have normal steel rims, you get the ones that Terry described in the post above.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"