Tailors, HH or BKK ?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Sir Puttalot
Rookie
Rookie

Tailors, HH or BKK ?

Post by Sir Puttalot »

I will be in HH the early part of next year, and I be spending a few days in BKK, could anybody give me advice on where a good tailor can be found in BKK, I had some clothes made in HH and I was not that impressed

Any advice would be greatley appreciated
housedoctor

Post by housedoctor »

:cheers: Having had clothes made in Bangers, Phuket & Hua Hin I feel these tailor shops are really all the same. Certainly in Hua Hin I think most of the cutting is done in the same few sweat shops. There may be possibly one exception though. Last Christmas I got a fair amount of gear made up from the Thipuri shop on Phetchakasem Road. Initially I had a good long talk with the sales guy and as I had time on my hands I told him to take his time making up my order. I laid down the ground rules about what I wanted telling him that if I was not satisfied I would not pay. I gave him a small deposit and told him I would pay him a little more on subsequent fittings. On the first fitting, sure enough the stuff was shite. I told him to shove it and pretended to leave. He called me back and told me a shite story about the orders getting mixed up and would I call back the next day. I did so and low and behold this guy duely arrived who by Jazus new his stuff. A totally different story. Anyway I picked up & paid for my gear a few days later. That was as I said , a year ago. The suits are fine but the shirts turned crap after a few washes. Bottom line, I think if you are firm with them & at least pretend that you know what you are talking about & tell them you Wont PAY in full unless you are satisfied, you just might be lucky. It's also a plus to have the time to wait for your gear.
housedoctor

Post by housedoctor »

:cheers: Having had clothes made in Bangers, Phuket & Hua Hin I feel these tailor shops are really all the same. Certainly in Hua Hin I think most of the cutting is done in the same few sweat shops. There may be possibly one exception though. Last Christmas I got a fair amount of gear made up from the Thipuri shop on Phetchakasem Road. Initially I had a good long talk with the sales guy and as I had time on my hands I told him to take his time making up my order. I laid down the ground rules about what I wanted telling him that if I was not satisfied I would not pay. I gave him a small deposit and told him I would pay him a little more on subsequent fittings. On the first fitting, sure enough the stuff was shite. I told him to shove it and pretended to leave. He called me back and told me a shite story about the orders getting mixed up and would I call back the next day. I did so and low and behold this guy duely arrived who by Jazus new his stuff. A totally different story. Anyway I picked up & paid for my gear a few days later. That was as I said , a year ago. The suits are fine but the shirts turned crap after a few washes. Bottom line, I think if you are firm with them & at least pretend that you know what you are talking about & tell them you Wont PAY in full unless you are satisfied, you just might be lucky. It's also a plus to have the time to wait for your gear. :cheers:
Sir Puttalot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sir Puttalot »

Thanks, Housedoctor can you give me any indication of how much I should expect to pay for silk shirts and linen trousers, just a rough estimate
Thanks