Family in travell - any suggestions?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
maggie
Amateur
Amateur

Family in travell - any suggestions?

Post by maggie »

I have been travelling with my family to Hua Hin 3 times in 18 months, and needless to say: we have all become addicted to Thailand...

I now cant help myself starting to think that we really should be seeing some other places than Thailand also, and just started playing with the thought of going to the north of Thailand, going further to Laos and so on to Cambodia., and also if possible take a visit to Vietnam.

By reading this forum for a while, I get the impression that a lot of "you folks" have a lot of experience both from working and maybe travelling around in these countries..maybe some of you could give us some good advice , both for where it is good to go, how to go, what to see, must-see, not must-see and ...yes - we would be greatfull for every little bit of information you might have..... :D

Hope someone would like to help us out with some suggestions..... :wink:
Maggie
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Vietnam certainly is worth seeing. Start from Ho Chi Minh, visit the Mekhong Delta and Cu Chi tunnels. Then move northwards to Dalat, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi and go to Halong Bay. If you want to spend some time on the beach, Nha Trang (pronounced something like nja tsang) is the most popular seaside resort in Nam.
maggie
Amateur
Amateur

Family in travell-any suggestions

Post by maggie »

That sure was quite a straight suggestion......I can not say I know mutch about Vietnam, and will start by finding the map and find out where all the suggested places are and what we can find there...
Exciting....
After (sorry, I know I should have checked it out before) putting in my first post I also saw some good tips for where to go and what we could expext to see under the "on the road" section.... it really is good reading a lot of the stuff in this forum. Thanks :D
Hope you do not mind if I have any more questions....
Maggie
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Bare kom igjen du Maggie og ha en riktig god tur.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
maggie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by maggie »

Hei Norseman

Takk for det...som sagt er vi veldig paa planleggingsstadiet enda..tenker neste jul vil vaere tida for den store oppdagelsesreisen rundt Thailand...
Planlegging er halve gleden..... :D
Maggie
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Bamboo Grove wrote:Vietnam certainly is worth seeing. Start from Ho Chi Minh, visit the Mekhong Delta and Cu Chi tunnels. Then move northwards to Dalat, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi and go to Halong Bay. If you want to spend some time on the beach, Nha Trang (pronounced something like nja tsang) is the most popular seaside resort in Nam.
Bamboo - I'm going to Vietnam soon. Airasia do cheap flights from Bangkok to Hanoi. Was thinking of spending 10 days away. Do you think I should stick to the North? How about 2 nights in Hanoi / 2 nights Halong Bay / 2 nights Dalat / 2 night Hoi An / 2 nights Hanoi? Your advice would be welcome. What's the best way to travel?
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I'd see more than just the north (where I actually havent' been yet.) Flying is the best option if you're in a hurry. There is a train line connecting most of the major tourist areas but it's slow. I'd forget the buses as much as possible. I don't think you need two nights for Halong Bay, should be able to see it on a day trip from Hanoi or you can opt to stay just one night there. To Dalat you should fly as I don't think there's a train going there as it is on the mountains. Very beautiful. Two nights in Hoi An is good. Also I'd recommend Hue as it is the old imperial capital.

http://www.tnktravelvietnam.com/html/ticket_airline.htm