Soi Fire Extinguishers

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Re: Soi Fire Extinguishers

Post by Big Boy »

But still no indication of why, or who can use them :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:31 pm But still no indication of why, or who can use them :?
It's very close to the Police box but I don't know if that is relevant or coincidence.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Interesting, only just noticed the blue label. Fairly messy to clean up dry powder, though quite effective for most fires. I think BCF/ Halon was being slowly phased out because of the CFC issue. Perhaps you can call the number on the front and ask them?
วินเชนท์
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I would think the boxes can just be opened via that latch, and used by anyone if a fire in the vicinity. I also think it's probably a small scale skimming exercise, similar to the larger version skimming exercise with the decorative street lights in Samut Prakan and elsewhere.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Not sure what "skimming" is? With all the construction going on, railways, roads, Condos, house's, etc. there may be areas that do not yet have sufficient water infrastructure to instal mains water fire hydrants. The fire brigade, via the Tessaban, may be putting them around as a stop gap.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Skimming - sounds like someone taking their cream off the top - or more succinctly, taking their cut out of the pie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:23 pm Not sure what "skimming" is? With all the construction going on, railways, roads, Condos, house's, etc. there may be areas that do not yet have sufficient water infrastructure to instal mains water fire hydrants. The fire brigade, via the Tessaban, may be putting them around as a stop gap.
That wouldn't apply to my Soi. We've had plenty of working fire hydrants for years. At least they give the illusion of working every month when they test them.

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:31 pm But still no indication of why, or who can use them :?
You could always start a fire to see what happpens! :twisted:
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It would probably be one up on the Trumpton Fire Brigade with the Thai equivalents of Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grubb!!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:10 pm It would probably be one up on the Trumpton Fire Brigade with the Thai equivalents of Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grubb!!
At the fire station in Hua Hin there used to be a Honda Wave with two fire extinguishers on the back but I haven't seen it for a while!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm surprised the Trumpton Fire Brigade hasn't been woven into the 2024 presidential election although I guess it's exclusively English.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

STEVE G wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:25 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:10 pm It would probably be one up on the Trumpton Fire Brigade with the Thai equivalents of Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grubb!!
At the fire station in Hua Hin there used to be a Honda Wave with two fire extinguishers on the back but I haven't seen it for a while!
I beleive that was an official "first responder" fire fighting appliance to get around traffic jams. Not seen one in Hua Hin, but in Bangkok there was a similar first aid motor cycle setup.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Judging by the look of this one near the entrance to the beach, it's not a new idea!

PSX_20240120_140247.jpg
PSX_20240120_140247.jpg (118.88 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Translates as 'Firefighting for the people', supported by........ where's the rest of it Steve? The 'supported by' may have given us a clue :laugh:

You are turning into a fire extinguisher sleuth.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

What is more surprising is that there is just on 4,000 views in 3 days! :shock: